News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Let it Snow...Let it Snow....Let it Snow ( and other weather events )

Started by Doug Rose, February 09, 2013, 08:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Did you ever seen Groundhog Day with Bill Murray? Boston is paying the Price, yet again for winning the Super Bowl. I can barley see the tip of Kareem Abdul Jabber's head. Did you know Alaska had to cancel the Iditarod as Boston has all the snow. Can someone come and shovel me out, I have a cold.....Doug

Kidphone

TelePlay

Quote from: Doug Rose on February 15, 2015, 08:32:03 AM
Did you ever seen Groundhog Day with Bill Murray? Boston is paying the Price, yet again for winning the Super Bowl. I can barley see the tip of Kareem Abdul Jabber's head.

You have my sympathy, Doug. Seems the Buffalo snow belt has moved a bit to the east south east. You are certainly in the dumper path this year.

That Lew Alcindor comment made me laugh, and think. It was back in the mid 80s when visiting a friend in Calgary, that we decided to brave the -40C temps and go cross country skiing on some golf course up near Banff. Somewhere on the back 9 I made the comment of "hey, look at all those little (foot high) pine trees in the snow" to which my friend say, "No, those are the tops of 30 ft high trees not quite fully covered by the annual snow fall up here." It's all relative, I guess.

twocvbloke

Quote from: DavePEI on February 15, 2015, 08:29:57 AMYou can have ours, then! :)

Send it this way then, should make this country a bit more entertaining for a short while...  ;D

Doug Rose

thanks John.....Skiing in Banff reminds me of the Old F Troop....Ze Burglar of BanFF (Paul Lynde) and they pronounced both Fs.

Lou Alcindor....not many remember....like Cassius Clay!.....We will survive....Doug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qUagJGeZhc
Kidphone

Bill

Quote from: TelePlay on February 15, 2015, 09:03:01 AMIt was back in the mid 80s when visiting a friend in Calgary, that we decided to brave the -40C temps and go cross country skiing on some golf course up near Banff. Somewhere on the back 9 I made the comment of "hey, look at all those little (foot high) pine trees in the snow" to which my friend say, "No, those are the tops of 30 ft high trees not quite fully covered by the annual snow fall up here." It's all relative, I guess.
I have a hunch your buddy was funnin' you. Or at least kept you far from those "little pines". In the east, we call those things "spruce traps", and people die in them every year. A truly nasty way to go.

Bill

Doug Rose

Take off....from the Great White North.....EAST...... ....Doug
Kidphone

paul-f

I'm a bit north of Doug.

Here's the current view out the back.  The floor of the deck is over a foot above grade.  The piles from cleaning up after previous storms were neatly covered by the foot of additional snow we got early this morning.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

DavePEI

Snow, No, not today, but literally a blast from the past, taken in 1982 two years after Linda and I married. Nice looking over old photos. I will get some photos of this storm when we are able to get out of the house!
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

paul-f

Doug Rose

My back yard isn't any better, I had to dig out the bird feeder as I could only see the Top. Lunch is served...another satisfied customer  ::)   ....Doug
Kidphone

WEBellSystemChristian

We only got a light dusting... :P

Wish I had a picture to post, but it's dark out and I'm not outside! ;D
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Dennis Markham

Doug & Paul, I do not envy you with all of that snow.  But it is scenic.  It's going to be July before it all melts!

paul-f

Quote from: Dennis Markham on February 15, 2015, 09:43:59 PM
Doug & Paul, I do not envy you with all of that snow.  But it is scenic.  It's going to be July before it all melts!

It is gorgeous.  Especially when viewed from the roof while shoveling the snow off it.

The cross country skiing is great, too.

I hope it takes a loooong time to melt!  Otherwise, some of it may be headed to my basement.

DavePEI

Views From the Window!

Feb 18, 2015 8:30 AM AST - PEI is closed for business. Plows still off the road, Confederation Bridge closed - our road hasn't seen a plow since early yesterday, and snow, drifting, and  wind Northwest 70 km/h gusting to 110 forecast until evening!

Second shot: Road is level with the bottom of this tree (normally)

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Doug Rose

Just as I sat down to dinner I saw color in my black and white world   8)  ...Doug
Kidphone