News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Mahogany Brown 500

Started by Greg G., May 01, 2012, 03:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Just got the phone today.  Confirmed, it's not "maroon", it's brown.  There are some scuff marks, worst ones are on the transmitter end of the handset, but no cracks or breaks, matching 4-prong line cord w/adapter, appears to be mostly matching dates except for the dial, one month off.  Dial a little sluggish, but it fully functions.  More pics later, Anita and I are both off today and getting out for while.  

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=6790.0
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

jsowers

That's a beautiful brown 500, Briny. And it's all there too, except the number card, retainer and acetate disc. An easy fix. Congratulations! Resist the temptation to collect the rest of the colors, if you can.
Jonathan

Tom B

Greg
Resist the temptation totally - I'll do you a big favour and take the mahogany brown  off your hands, no charge at all.
Tom

Jester

Even has original color matched cords--a great find!
Stephen

liteamorn

Wow, I'm always on the lookout for one of these. Nice find!

Greg G.

More pictures.  Nearly all matching dates.  Receiver and transmitter elements and dial were 9-55, the rest in 10-55.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

More pics
- Mike Row
e

JorgeAmely

Very nice acquisition. All parts are there. The only thing you need is some one-to-one time with the phone, slap a nice numbers card and you are good to go ... in search for the remaining colors.

Congrats!
Jorge

Dan/Panther

Briney;
OK I'll ask...
How much ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson