HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE_Collector

Depends how much detail you want to go into!

Mustard color vests are out of style...

Why is a customer up a pole?

Why is there a foot peg inches from the top of the pole that Oliver is hanging onto?

During a strike here the President of the company was interviewed out in the field doing repairs. Of course they needed a picture of him talking on his butt set and it was taken just like this one...the laughing stock of the company!

Terry

Doug Rose

Kidphone

TelePlay

Quote from: Fabius on December 12, 2017, 03:18:11 PM
What is the mistake seen in this photo?

That image can be found elsewhere, along with the answer, on the forum. Here is a more formal picture of the same mistake.

from this topic, one of several

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=982.msg98603#msg98603

Found this looking for something else, as usual. BTW, they must have done that on purpose as humor for those who knew the difference.

19and41

It's been a while Since I've watched,  Did he hold it that way on the show?  Was it a consistent kind of thing?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

TelePlay

Quote from: 19and41 on December 21, 2017, 01:48:04 PM
It's been a while Since I've watched,  Did he hold it that way on the show?  Was it a consistent kind of thing?

I personally can't watch the current day reruns and can't remember from first time around. Just from these two images, I'd think it was consistent. The way he holds it put more of the phone in the picture so the audience can see he is holding a "handset" and most wouldn't know if it was right or wrong. Seeing the dial was probably the directior's call when shooting the scenes. Stuff on the flat screen are done for affect, not accuracy.

tallrick

I noticed this as a child, but only after I saw an actual Southern Bell worker use the test set.

They upgraded their phone. LOL

jsowers

The funny thing is that nobody else in Hooterville had a dial on their phone because it was a manual system. So Oliver had a dial, but it was useless. Sarah the operator was the only one with a dial. Also where is the ringer? And the hookswitch? It's quite a stretch of the imagination when you think about it.

I love the later episodes where Oliver actually buys the Hooterville Telephone Company and we see Sarah (Merie Earle) and the old record player where they play her recorded announcements, like the one where she's home basting her rump roast. And they mention her record, "Sarah's Greatest Hits."

For anyone who has access to AntennaTV, Green Acres is on for an hour at 2pm eastern weekdays. The next regular show is on Tuesday. They're showing various Christmas episodes today through Monday. The Green Acres episode An Old-Fashioned Christmas is this evening at 6:30pm if anyone cares.
Jonathan

Another one from Green Acres showing part of the switchboard. Sarah must have been off that day. :)

Quote from: Fabius on December 12, 2017, 03:18:11 PM
What is the mistake seen in this photo?

At least she got it right!

AE_Collector

Quote from: Duffy on December 23, 2017, 07:09:17 AM
They upgraded their phone. LOL

And no sign of a phone wire to the pole (in the picture at least)....

They probably have been upgraded to underground service in this picture!

Terry