News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What would you like in your collection?

Started by bingster, September 18, 2008, 02:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingster

What would you like in your collection?  Let's hear about your dream phones, your current collecting focus--whatever you'd like to add to your collection that you don't already have.

For my part, (and decidedly in the dream category) a set of colored 302s wouldn't exactly be unwelcome. Beyond that, I've recently decided to begin collecting colored 500 sets from the 1950s.  This is due in no small part to discovering the beautiful 500 sets that Dennis has on his site.  I have one 500 (10-57) that I bought as a teenager, and it's still my only one.  I hadn't given any thought of buying others until I saw Dennis' 500s.

I'd also like to add an AE34, an AE40, and a Kellogg redbar (with the curved handset, rather than the angled one) as funds permit.

What's on your wish list?
= DARRIN =

Dan/Panther

I'm new to Phone collecting, but my goal is to have all vintage rotary dial phones in m y home, with tone dialers for when you need toi press one for English etc.
I want a candlestick Dial phone for my computrer desk, Brass optional, a wooden Kellogg, or equivalent, in my kitchen, and maybe have the front open, with an added dialer inside. Completely undetectable from the outside. Not a gutted box, with a dial phone indsie, leave the phone completely functional, but add a dial mechanism.
I hope I haven't said anything Taboo to collectors, if I have please educater me. I want the phones to be completely original, nothing removed, just add a dial mechanism hidden from view for obvious reasons.

Just a side note, my daughters friend came over and wanted to call her Mom, she did not have a clue, as to how to use a dial phone. Bizarre indeed. She though maybe you just put your finger in the appropriate hole, and push.....
They couldn't grasp the concept, that if you didn't make a complete turn of the dial, that the numbrer you put your finger in, may not be the one you get.

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Bill Cahill

Wish list: Stromberg Carlson Oak crank wall phone.
ATT 40's black desk rotary phone.
Att 40's black wall dial phone.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Mark Stevens

Quote from: Bill Cahill on September 18, 2008, 06:02:59 PM
Bill Cahill

Hey Bill, I can fix you up with the Oak S-C!  ;)

Bill Cahill

Quote from: Mark Stevens on September 18, 2008, 06:26:57 PM
Quote from: Bill Cahill on September 18, 2008, 06:02:59 PM
Bill Cahill

Hey Bill, I can fix you up with the Oak S-C!  ;)

Sounds interesting. PM me with particulars, please.
Bill Cahill    Got any photos?

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Mark Stevens

Quote from: Bill Cahill on September 18, 2008, 06:55:47 PM
Sounds interesting. PM me with particulars, please.
Bill Cahill    Got any photos?

Photos? Why, I've got a whole blog post about it!  As you will see, I questioned someone (who should know) about the phone, and they said that they believed it to not be all S-C, but rather vintage S-C parts on a different oak phone, also vintage but of a different make.  I hadn't really thought of selling it, and even have a wall picked out for it.  But if you want to talk about it you can send me a PM!
Twin Box Stromberg-Carlson

Bill Cahill

OOps. Sorry. Thought you wanted to sell, or, trade it.
Bill Cahill

BDM

Since my collection, and interest is 95% W.E. equipment. How about an A1/AA1 mount?
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Mark Stevens

I've been wanting one of those phones by Connecticut Telephone and Electric, the one that's often called the "toaster".  I just like the art-deco styling.  The only trouble is, they seem to have mainly been used by the military, and judging from the condition they're usually in they must have dropped them from planes!  :o

McHeath

I'd like a 500 with the little light that comes on when you pick up the handset, preferably in red or aqua or black, and from the 50's to 60's.

Don't have any 302s, that Pekin Red one on e-bay last week would do nicely. 

HobieSport

I'd really like a W.E. 520 "Explosion Proof".  It's just so huge and weird and wonderful.  :o

I just won an older WE 500 and a 302 on Ebay.  I'm starting with the basics.  I'll post pics when they arrive and I get them cleaned up.

Now on the prowl for a W.E. 202 and subset, a N.E. Signal Corp, a Monophone, and either a WE or Kellog candlestick and ringer, among other classics.  As you can see I'm going for a range of history.  Plus I just like any phone that looks cool... 8)

-Matt

Bill Cahill

I'd like to get one of the late 40's WE phones, a 1951 WE 500, a yellow Wall WE phone in dial, and, one push button  phone.
Other than that, anything I could find I like, and, can afford.
Bill Cahill   ;D

JimH

I definately want a AA1, and colored 302s.  I have two in Ivory, but would like the other colors.  I don't know whether I'll ever be able to afford a blue one, though!  Just have to hope I find one in an antique shop or flea market (yeah, right!)  I recall the last one I saw on ebay.  I emailed the lady and asked her where she got it, and she said an estate sale.  You never know where you're going to find a treasure!  Oh yeah...I also want a 500U "mushroom" lamp phone...in any color.  They seem so scarce, you can't find them anywhere online for ANY price!
Jim H.

Mark Stevens

Quote from: JimH on October 17, 2008, 09:05:55 AM
  Oh yeah...I also want a 500U "mushroom" lamp phone...in any color.  They seem so scarce, you can't find them anywhere online for ANY price!

I've always been baffled by their rarity.  I used to think that any day I'd stumble across one at a flea market or estate sale, but it hasn't happened.  I'm much more likely to find a 5302!

McHeath

The 500 U is on my wishlist a well, and they sure seem to be rare beasts.