News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

colored bridging clips

Started by Babybearjs, June 17, 2019, 02:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

does anyone know if the colored bridging clips have any color coding? if so, what are the colors for? I have Wht, Red, Yel, Blu, and Grn....
John

Key2871

I've not read any special designation for colored bridge clips.
I believe it's just so the installer can denote what block goes to what station, or what pair goes to what station.
KEN

Babybearjs

Thanks Ken. Does anyone else have any idea on this subject?
John

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Babybearjs on June 18, 2019, 01:44:19 AM
Thanks Ken. Does anyone else have any idea on this subject?

My guess is the the color clips are used to distinguish  pairs when you go to a new sub cable.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I worked for a contractor on a military base. We owned the telephone cable coming into the contractor yard. One of my side duties was to connect contractor trailers when they leased our pairs. Most contractors used 2 lines some 1, some 3. I always allowed for 4 from the main trunk, those pairs were then connected on  4 pair cable to the trailer.
We had a 50 pair cable coming into the yard, and I ran 4 pair "overhead-type"  cable  from the demarc to each trailer. We ty wrapped to the fence  1' off the ground to prevent damage from mowing.
----------------------------------------------------------------
If I was using 66 blocks, I could see a using colored bridge clips to designate pairs where I changed color or client. 
Whenever you work with cable you should maintain an accurate written list of the layout and color designations, It makes service so much easier.
JMO,
JIm
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Babybearjs

thanks Jim, you're input is appreciated! I basically use the White one for the phone lines and the red for my ICM or other feature... (power, etc.) I wasn't sure if there was any significance to the colors as the original BSP's didn't have them... something newer within the last 20 years. and with the newer stuff should come newer BSP's.... but with the bell system gone, who's writing the rules now? thanks for all the input!
John

rdelius

Sometimes the colored clips were on data or alarm circuits. "Do not put your buttset here"

Babybearjs

ahhh... good advise! I'll have to remember that...
John