News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Selling an AE40.... better to "clean it up" ?

Started by bones92, August 08, 2011, 12:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old_stuff_hound

RE: second photo -- Fuquay-Varina is about 5 miles from where I'm sitting right now!

bones92

I live very close to Fuquay Varina.  This phone has been within a few miles of here since the 1950's.

MDK

I thought I was the only one here who had ever heard of Fuquay Varina.

rdelius

I am in Durham not far away. Have a extra ivory type 41 handset with chrome trim.might trade for something
Robby

jsowers

I went to UNC-Chapel Hill (graduated in '82) and only lived there two years and I've heard of the place several times. It's an unusual name. Like the little unincorporated town where I grew up and live now--Welcome, NC. Yes, the signs say "Welcome to Welcome." It's the home of REgent 1. Don't blink your eyes or you'll miss it. Also, near Seagrove, NC they have Erect and Whynot. I'm sure we could do a thread on unusual city or town names.
Jonathan

old_stuff_hound

Quote from: bones92 on August 10, 2011, 07:19:28 AM
I live very close to Fuquay Varina.  This phone has been within a few miles of here since the 1950's.

Small world!

That's a beautiful phone -- it would be nice for it to stay local. It's not in my budget, though.... :-(

NorthernMan

It's funny how people always think that what they own is more vauable then it really is. I maybe wrong but 4 hundo is way to much to start the bidding. I always like to start it low and get people intersted in the auction, then hope for the best. But then again i am not a marketing genius or for that matter a genius at anything. 

Just for fun i give it a %5 chance of selling at 4 hundo. ;)

bones92

bones92

It is sold.