News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

B1A ringer tonal quality

Started by Charles, May 07, 2014, 12:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles

I just pulled down the document so I have it.  It also mentions discarding the plastic dust cover (I will do this when I get home tonight).

Thanks Again for all of your help. I will post my results.

Phonesrfun

I presume Fig 6 is the one addressing how to connect the spades to the dial.
Here is that page in pdf form.
-Bill G

poplar1

The instruction to discard the dust cover is only when using a 6-type dial on B-, C-, D- and G-type handset mountings  (102s/202s, 201s, 211 hand telephone sets). And for whatever reason, this was usually not done.

Quote from: Charles on May 08, 2014, 12:02:32 PM
I just pulled down the document so I have it.  It also mentions discarding the plastic dust cover (I will do this when I get home tonight).

Thanks Again for all of your help. I will post my results.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Charles

Success!

I placed 1 thin washer on each of the base plate mounting screws and that was enough to make the bell ring loud and clear.
The wires are as far out of the way as I could get them but the thing that worked was the washers.

I would still like to determine if maybe when the phone was refurbed that the ringer is somehow sitting too high or maybe the gasket between the dial and the top shell is thinner than the original. The washer is so thin that a very slight variation in materials would cause this.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for all of your help

Babybearjs

thank You for all your help. I'll double check the wires and dial and see if I can get it to ring with the cover on....
John