News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Blue Western Electric 302

Started by Dennis Markham, March 28, 2009, 11:24:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

Ok, which one of you bought this phone?  It just ended.  With 60 seconds to go it was at $833.  Things started happening with 20 seconds to go.  I actually thought it might go higher.
http://tinyurl.com/d5szlp

Dan

I didn't get it. Do you believe it was blue (mediterranean colored) and has yellowed with age to make it that color?
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dennis Markham

I don't know if they called those 302's Mediterranean Blue or some other color blue.  The photos of the inside of the cover and inside the caps looks like the original color.  It has greened up a bit from UV exposure.

bingster

The blue used for the 302 was imaginatively called "dark blue."

= DARRIN =

Dan/Panther

Isn't it odd, that the only part of the phone to have changed, to a much lighter color, is the one part of the phone that had perhaps the least exposure to light.
But then again, it's faded in spots, where exposure to skin oils would be the least likely place to be removed, when cleanimg the phone, while sitting on a desk.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dan/Panther

Were the four metallic phones also painted on the inside.
I had not been aware, that they had 302's in metallic colors, and the 202 posted yesterday was the first I'd heard of it at all.
Makes me wonder if the Silver 302 that I got awhile back, and I found Gold underneath the Silver may have been a factory job. I'm suprised no one mentioned that before I removed the silver paint. >:( >:(

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

BDM

Probably because no one knew at the time. Or just had forgotten.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

AET

Glad to see that even all you experts are even learning still.  Makes a newbie like me feel a bit less helpless!
- Tom

Dennis Markham

I'll show off my friend Mark's 302's.  He posted this photo a while back on the club's web site.  I'm pretty sure I won't be able to live long enough to get all of these.............

AET

Quote from: Dennis Markham on March 29, 2009, 10:16:25 AM
I'll show off my friend Mark's 302's.  He posted this photo a while back on the club's web site.  I'm pretty sure I won't be able to live long enough to get all of these.............
This only left me with one word "WOW!"
- Tom

mienaichizu

McHeath

Holy phone envy Batman!  Don't show pictures like that around, it leads to lust. 

Dennis Markham

It's even worse when visiting his home and seeing them in person.  When Mark picks one up and hands it to me I am afraid to hold it....it's like the sign in the antique store says...you break it, you buy it.  I can't afford to buy it!  I'd rather just look and not touch...but sometimes one has to.........