News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Another Reason to Have a Landline!

Started by DavePEI, February 28, 2014, 06:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavePEI

I found this story this morning. Believe it or not, it is on topic, resulting from the commentary in the last 5 seconds. Despite this, it is also amusing:

http://www.wimp.com/crimescanada/

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

LarryInMichigan

The last time I was in Canada, I bought bag of Truly barbecue chips, which were quite tasty.  I didn't realise just how dangerous Canada could be, so I think I will stay away for a while ;)

Larry

DavePEI

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on February 28, 2014, 07:13:19 AM
I didn't realise just how dangerous Canada could be, so I think I will stay away for a while ;)

Larry
Gotta watch out for those first time chip offenders!

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

twocvbloke

Makes me glad that all thieves try to steal is scrap metal and scooters here, how dare they snaffle someone's private stash of snackages, that's high treason in my books!!! :o

But yes, having telephones in bedrooms is a smart idea, I have lots of them now, though none are hooked up to the landline, I probably should get around to doing that (probably use the Cortelco 2554 for that!!)... ;D

LarryInMichigan

Having a landline is actually a serious issue.  When I dial 911 from my mobile phone at my house, the call is automatically routed to emergency dispatch in the city east of here.  I have to ask them to transfer me to my city which can take a while (half a bag of chips could have been eaten by then).  Mobile 911 calls in Michigan used to go to the Michigan State Police, but they now go to local departments.  Emergency dispatchers do not know where mobile callers are.

Larry

WesternElectricBen

I like how the cop couldn't keep a straight face, but that story was pretty redicoulos.

Luckily I have 3 phones hooked up in the bedroom, so they won't be too far into the chips..

Ben

Mr. Bones

I have a WE500, 702B, and 302 hooked up in the bedroom, at present, plus two cells in the headboard/charging station. XL50 LED Maglite, as well.

Also, wherever I have lived, for many decades, I have always installed an ACP .45 under the adjacent pillow, as well as a Ka-Bar. Backups for both in the nightstand. Right protective about me crisps, I'll warrant yer! ;D

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: Mr. Bones on February 28, 2014, 10:13:48 AM
I have a WE500, 702B, and 302 hooked up in the bedroom, at present, plus two cells in the headboard/charging station. XL50 LED Maglite, as well.

Also, wherever I have lived, for many decades, I have always installed an ACP .45 under the adjacent pillow, as well as a Ka-Bar. Backups for both in the nightstand. Right protective about me crisps, I'll warrant yer! ;D

Best regards!

I guess we're not in Kansas anymore ;D.

Larry

DavePEI

Quote from: Mr. Bones on February 28, 2014, 10:13:48 AM
Good thing we don't have "Stand Your Ground" legislation in Canada - otherwise the young ladies might have lost their lives over stolen Truly spuds!

I can just imagine the old lady and her Chihuahua chasing them down the street with them trying to gobble them before they were stopped cold!

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

Mr. Bones

Quote from: DavePEI on February 28, 2014, 11:24:52 AM
Good thing we don't have "Stand Your Ground" legislation in Canada - otherwise the young ladies might have lost their lives over stolen Truly spuds!

I can just imagine the old lady and her Chihuahua chasing them down the street with them trying to gobble them before they were stopped cold!

Dave
I should have to imagine the Chihuahua would take them down in a jiffy!!! ('Course, it might, thereafter, start gobbling the Truly's!) ;)

I live in a small duplex, and, woefully, haven't the luxury of such a majestic beast, so I must needs make shift!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus