News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1-58 Pink WE 500 deal out there for someone.

Started by WEBellSystemChristian, December 08, 2014, 06:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEBellSystemChristian

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111542914914

It looks to be all-original (except for the fingerwheel), and relatively fade-free. It's $49, BiN or Best Offer. The only reason why I'm not getting it is because I already have three pink 500s :o
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Kenton K

The shell looks like hard plastic to me. Soft plastic tends to lighten in color.

KK

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Kenton K on December 08, 2014, 07:25:17 PM
The shell looks like hard plastic to me. Soft plastic tends to lighten in color.

KK
I have an all-dates-matching 8-58 pink 500 that severely darkened when it faded, rather than lightened. The housing is definitely soft plastic.
Christian Petterson

Kenton K

Interesting. Somebody should ask the seller for some more photos.

KK

RotarDad

That phone has been painted.  Check out the pics from the back and you can see beige plastic underneath on the mouthpiece cap and other areas where the paint is thin at edges. Also on the pic showing under the handset.  Good catch KK that something wasn't right about the color.  The pink is a bit "off", maybe just too bright.
Paul

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: RotarDad on December 08, 2014, 10:33:45 PM
That phone has been painted.  Check out the pics from the back and you can see beige plastic underneath on the mouthpiece cap and other areas where the paint is thin at edges. Also on the pic showing under the handset.  Good catch KK that something wasn't right about the color.  The pink is a bit "off", maybe just too bright.
I think the handset was painted, because the badge on the housing is really crisp. I'm probably wrong, but the housing doesn't look painted to me, at least not very heavily.
Christian Petterson

Kenton K

I don't think the body is painted, I just believe it is faded a little darker while the soft plastic has faded lighter. If you look in the back, the handhold has faded light while the body has darkened. This is identical to the fading on one of my rose pink telephones that has a soft handhold but hard body. If the body was painted, then the fading on the handhold would be the same as the body. My thoughts.

-Kenton

TelePlay

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on December 08, 2014, 11:00:31 PM
I think the handset was painted, because the badge on the housing is really crisp. I'm probably wrong, but the housing doesn't look painted to me, at least not very heavily.

The bottom photo, the full shot, shows the inside of the shell all around and it looks like pink, non-discolored plastic, so to me I'd say the shell and dial are not painted. Maybe just the caps, or that one cap was painted. However, the feet have issues.