News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

eBay seller with a sense of humor

Started by TelePlay, September 04, 2017, 12:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

This BIN listing made me smile. Obvious reasons. I'll give him/her the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Posting it here is case anyone else needs a bit of a pick me up moment, something to raise your spirits.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-Bell-Systems-rotary-phone-lot-of-2-tone-green-and-beige-telephones-old-/282637458018

Listed as:  vintage Bell Systems rotary phone lot of 2 tone green and beige telephones old

twocvbloke

You get similar things happening over here with GPO phones, though in this case it'd have worked better if they had swapped the cases round... ;D

Pourme

Of course the handsets are modular so it would have been easy to swap them back!...Ha!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

ThePillenwerfer

I found this description some months ago which amused me enough to copy it:—

Phones and parts sold for spares repairs. large collection that was completely forgotten about and now it all has to go. two or three sections of this as it is an ordeal clearing everything so I can get it all out. These have all been sitting untouched for many years and now space required. Collection only as weight would probably be prohibitive. COLLECTION IS FROM LONDON E1 TWO MINUTE DRIVE FROM TOWER BRIDGE NORTH OF THE RIVER. There will be other parts of this lot to come so if you check my other items they will be up very soon. Most cases seem fine but need cleaned, german w48 case is cracked. Have not touched or tested anything as I am just offloading the lot. You cannot go wrong on just parts alone and I am sure many phones will still work when sorted out. Wife is standing with a club to ensure I advertise these for sale as she demands everything must depart or I do. Don't get me wrong, I want to go but no one offered the 99 pence on my last six adverts to buy me, so she could not get me out and this time I think she means someone buys all this or I get clubbed like a baby seal. If you dabble in telephones then look at the rest of my other items as there will be quite a bit to come.  Paypal or cash is fine but no Nigerian Magic Coffee Beans, no trade of totem poles, camels or shiny beads and certainly no acceptance of wives as part payment as the last one I accepted has been found to be faulty and had no guarantee or return address so it's paypal or cash only. Your statutory rights will not be affected, unless of course I give you this wife with the phones then you will discover your statutory rights become statutory wrong.

twocvbloke

That's a good one, it's nice when people inject some humour into their ebay listings... ;D

Pourme

That's whats referred to as a "Motivated Seller"...Ha!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

19and41

All they need is a red dial surround to have an olive loaf colored phone set.  Mmmm.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

CanadianGuy

Speaking of eBay, I just saw some ads on Kijiji (owned by eBay) of what looks to be a business that's modifying rotary phones by painting them and plastering them with decals/lettering of hockey teams, Harley Davidson, etc.

They look nicely done, but I'm sure the purists here would cringe. It may also be copyright infringement, if they got caught. I took some screenshots and downloaded some of the photos if anyone wants me to post them in another thread if that's allowed.