News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bought chrome AE 3 slot on ebay

Started by rdelius, March 22, 2018, 10:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdelius

Bought this chrome LPC series of of Ebay. The photo shows missing parts but I bought this to convert to tone service. Have A NOS kit for this. I know the AE pads are iffy. Anybody have any scrap LPC harnesses (not the blue board if I can help it) .I think that the network was also used in  120A single slots. Might need the DB connectors also .Might have trading parts

kleenax

I might have some of those parts.  I might even have an NOS chrome TT payphone top!
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

AE_Collector

So Robby, you aren't saying that you already have the TC upper housing kit for an AE 3 slot....correct? Paul V used to have loads of new in the box TC (Touch Call - AE term) upper housings for LPC payphones.

Terry

rdelius

I want to install a NOS chrome tone pad. looks like a box and  mounts where the dial presantly sits.all wiring, switch  and network  removed . Will not need transfer contacts because the LPC sets used db 15? connectors. .Will not bother about locks or relays.Might still have one around

Jim Stettler

Quote from: rdelius on March 23, 2018, 12:13:49 AM
I want to install a NOS chrome tone pad. looks like a box and  mounts where the dial presantly sits.all wiring, switch  and network  removed . Will not need transfer contacts because the LPC sets used db 15? connectors. .Will not bother about locks or relays.Might still have one around

I have  a stainless still part like that. I think that is a conversion part to make a  TT top.
The factory TT are a different top with a flat faceplate.
I think the reasons the AE 3 slot  TT  pads are iffy is that they were a standard tt pad vs a heavy-duty all environmental pad.
JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

AE_Collector

Our shops did a bunch of testing on AE touchpads trying to figure out why there was such a failure rate. These were touchpads in all 80E and 192E type Telephones. The conclusion was that microscopic plastic particles were being scraped off the side of the bezel each time the button was pushed and this material was causing the contact switch failures. (Or something close to that). By this time (early to mid 80's) it was obvious that AE would not be redesigning new replacements as they were now fighting for their survival. Our shops sourced a replacement touchpad that seemed to b3 much more reliable.

Terry

Payphone installer

I have TT kits and A/E tops I will post some on eBay this weekend.

rdelius

I will look but I need  inside guts.LPC wireing harness with db connectors and circuit board . Can make from parts