News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Channel bank configuration

Started by tallrick, September 17, 2018, 08:48:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tallrick

Well Chinese capacitors swelled and took out my Asterisk server. Built a new one out of an old computer. Last system ran from 2005 till now, with a 4 port Zaptel card running 4 FXO ports and a single port T-1 card connected to a TA 850 Adtran channel bank. Was running Asterisk on the old P$ computer 32 bit. Installed a distro this time, the Freepbx distro as an attempt to nake setup easier. It detected Zaptel hardware although it's called Dahdi now? Just need some pointers where I went wrong. FXO cards work but I cannot get dial tone on the FXS ports on the channel bank. D channel is #24 1-23 are for the phones. Also since it's been so long I forgot how to set up the enum for being on Cnet. Any help is appreciated.

tallrick

Am I the only one who has a system like this? Have tried everything and depite not having any alarms I still cannot make the phone lines come up. If channel 24 is the delta channel, should the FXS interface associated with it be disabled?

tallrick

Finally after much trial and error I have succeeded in getting the channel bank to work under the FreePbx GUI. When I have time I am going to write instructions as to how I did it.