News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Williams Electric Tap Bell subscriber set, 1879

Started by Jackandstacey, April 05, 2011, 03:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpo706

Is this the highest value item to appear on here?

I'll try and unload a 706 chassis with the preface "found in the trash" see if there's any takers...!
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

Jim Stettler

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Greg G.

You don't have to say where, but I'm curious as to what/who would throw this out.  Was it a business dumpster, or household trash, a literal garbage can or somebody's "free box" at a yard sale?  Inquiring minds want to know what kind of imbecile would toss this.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Russ Kirk

I am so glad it was going to a museum.  At least it will be appreciated and everyone - phone collectors an non-phone collectors - can enjoy seeing it in a glass case.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Greg G.

Quote from: Russ Kirk on April 11, 2011, 08:01:34 PM
I am so glad it was going to a museum.  At least it will be appreciated and everyone - phone collectors an non-phone collectors - can enjoy seeing it in a glass case.

Maybe the curator wants to make a lamp out of it!   :o
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Jackandstacey

Quote from: Brinybay on April 11, 2011, 06:35:31 PM
You don't have to say where, but I'm curious as to what/who would throw this out.  Was it a business dumpster, or household trash, a literal garbage can or somebody's "free box" at a yard sale?  Inquiring minds want to know what kind of imbecile would toss this.

It was literally in someones trash. Looked like they cleaned out their basement. Sad part is, that all 3 pieces were there. I ripped the wires off connecting it to the blake transmitter, thinking it was a stupid old wood box.