News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ivory WE500 from '55 with Ivory Straight Handset Cord

Started by RotarDad, July 02, 2011, 02:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotarDad

Ebay Item: 290583450695  I don't think I've ever seen many straight handset cords in color - maybe gray and brown?  This set shows some wear and tear, but is an Ivory straight cord set rare?
Paul

Tom B

Matching coloured straight cords are relatively rare, but they do show up for sale from time to time. This phone needs a little work, but it will be interesting to see what it sells for.
Tom

Dan

Too bad about the crack. The cord (and the phone)  has yellowed a lot. Getting the phone back to ivory would be easy with peroxide but the cord maybe a different story.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

RotarDad

The auction ended today:  $41.00  was the sale price with free shipping.

Paul
Paul

JorgeAmely

I  restored one some years ago:
https://picasaweb.google.com/Amelyenator/SoftIvory#

Jorge

RotarDad

Jorge - Thanks for posting that and including the link to the detailed restoration.  I've seen pictures of some of your other projects (a Rose Beige 500 stands out in my mind) and your work is probably as close to perfect as it gets.  Paul
Paul

JorgeAmely

Thank you for the kind comments. All of them have flaws; it is just a matter of how good of a magnifier you point at them.  ;)
Jorge

Adam

Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Dan

I won this auction and have a perfect 1955 housing (Ivory) that I may use since this one has a crack. Once the phone arrives I will post pics. First straight original non black handset  cord 500 I have ever had !

PS it's nice to come back from vacation with a big ole box ready to be opened--kinda like Christmas! ;D
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright