News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

This looks promising

Started by LM Ericsson, June 13, 2013, 05:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LM Ericsson

Just purchased what I believe is to be a Soft Pink 500. I purchased it on Etsy for only $45 plus $12 shipping. The phone has the six-hole receiver cap and leather feet, even a fat coil cord, plus no color differences between each housing part. Here are the pictures.
Regards,
-Grayson

AE40FAN

I've seen this on Etsy for a few weeks now...I hope you are right!

WesternElectricBen

Thats going to need some novus 3 at the least. Though you could resel it and make big bucks on it from collectors and regular people who like pink and collectors who like soft plastic.
Ben

LM Ericsson

Well the phone came in today and is indeed soft plastic. The phone is from January 1958. Most of the parts are from Jan 1958, while others, such as the housing are from December 1957. There is damage on the front corner, probably from shipping. The box was pretty small, too. This is going to be another fun project phone!
Regards,
-Grayson

LM Ericsson

More pics.
Regards,
-Grayson

LarryInMichigan

The crack in the corner is not shown in the ebay listing pics, so you are fully justified in complaining to the seller.  Improper packing can certainly result in such damage.  If you are going to keep the phone, clean the area in and around the crack well and after it dries, apply super glue from the inside to close the crack and keep it from spreading.

Larry

LM Ericsson

We will let the seller know that it was damaged during shipping. The box was pretty small and the phone was secured only by popcorn.
Regards,
-Grayson

LM Ericsson

I got the pink phone done, just took a while to take pictures, but I think I did a great job on this phone. The crack in the corner is secured so it won't get any worse.
Regards,
-Grayson

AE40FAN

You did an amazing Job.  Like night and day!!

LM Ericsson

My soft 500 collection is growing fast!
Regards,
-Grayson

WesternElectricBen

How many different colors of phones do you have in soft plastic?

LM Ericsson

I have light gray, rose pink, red, and aqua blue.
Regards,
-Grayson

WesternElectricBen

I wish I had the light gray, but I have,

aqua blue, rose beig, beig, avocado green, and Mediterranean blue...

LM Ericsson

I want my next one to be the avocado green
Regards,
-Grayson

zaphod01

I have a nice Avocado Green dated 8 18 55 with the correct gray/green handset cord. I'd take a nice 634 or 684 subset in trade. I'm probably going to list in on eBay if I can't work a swap somewhere.

Robert
"Things are never so bad they can't be made worse." - Humphrey Bogart