News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Pink three times over

Started by Dan, October 24, 2009, 06:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

There are still deals out there on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120478823825&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT  EDIT: Link found to be dead 9/18/16

I really wanted to buy the WE554 wall phone. The others will be gifts to my sisters.

All work great and  are clean and complete ;one is a Kellogg/Itt with a replaced ringer! from 1970 the other is a Stromberg Carlson from 1962 with a replaced fingerwheel. I will do the pink  dye cord treatment and these will be as good as new.

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

AET

Wow! Great find! I love pink phones, very fifties.  Congrats and great idea as Gifts for the sisters.
- Tom

Dan

Thanks, it cost the guy $18 to ship them, so he only netted $7. Nice guy too and he packed them like fine china.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

bwanna

well tickle me pink!  very nice buy "brother dan" ;)
donna

Dennis Markham

That's a remarkable buy Dan.  You were in the right place at the right time.  It's difficult to believe someone would list all three of those together for that price.

Dan

Those buy it nows are lucky indeed. Who got the black mushroom a few months ago for like $45 or so?

Dennis Markham

You referring to me? (Black Mushroom)?

Dan

Did you get the black mushroom phone about two months ago for that  45$  buy it now? I know someone  did, I just can't remember him.....

Dennis Markham

No, it wasn't me.  I remember that too.  Bingster??

bingster

Yep, that was me.  $35 plus shipping for a black 1/57 500U.
= DARRIN =