News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

the gray-corded duo

Started by finlover, November 26, 2009, 05:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

Both are georgous.  I've seen a few Mediterranean blues before, but never one that pops quite how that one does.  Just stunning, absolutely stunning.
- Tom

rp2813

They are both beautiful, but the blue being such a rare and unusual color is particularly so with its sparkling finish. 

I didn't realize that the grey handset cords were so big and clunky.  It appears the one on the blue set is a little more tightly coiled. 

Two shining examples of the more luxurious options available to the discriminating 1950's subscriber of means.
Ralph

bellsystemproperty

Wow, both are beautiful, but the blue 500 is stunning! I've never even seen that color before, but it is definitely nice and in amazing condition.  ;D ;D ;D

finlover

Thanks for all your kind words, everyone!  The gray cords are pretty chunky!  I don't know if they're really fatter than late '50s colored cords or if the flat gray just makes them appear so.

Jester

My impression is all these early coiled cords are the same size and even the early colored cords can be found with large diameter coils.  But, I have noticed that all the gray spring cords & any color cord made before mid '57 is much stiffer than cords from late '57 on.
Stephen