"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Question about SanBar SB-701 toll restrictor dialpads

Started by RotoTech99, November 18, 2018, 05:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotoTech99

Dear Forum:

Hello,  I need some assistance,  please identifying the DIP mini switches on the back of two SB-701C toll restrictor pads. One of them has the switches marked NL0,  NL1,  NL2, D0, D1, D2, D3, and then there is a second set of 8 switches.

The other SB-701 dial I have is marked as follows: Under the designation "NL" there are 3 switches marked "0", " 1" & "2",  and then under the designation " Digits",  there are 9 switches marked 0 through 9.

On the sheet marked "toll restriction settings,  all of the DIP switches are mentioned are  noted there,  but the D1,  D2,  & D3 switches.  Both pads have the same number of switches,  so I'm wondering if this was an attempt to better label the switches,  or if because the "motherboard" mounting the  components was changed during production of the dial pad?

Should I just ignore the "D" designations on the one dial,  and use the other as a guide; I think it might be simpler for me when I decide to put one to use.

Oddly enough,  I first encountered the SB-701 in a place I used to live in that had a phone with a toll restriction dial that blocked 1 or 0 as a first digit.  Then a number of years later,  I found the same phone, recognizing it by how it dialed,  and the light yellow colored case.

What I'm looking for is if there is additional info. on this dial,  please,  and if anyone has it,  can they please post it on  CRPF?  I've attached pics of the dial pads with this post.

Thank you,
RotoTech99