News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Stromberg Carlson 1210

Started by wds, September 17, 2013, 08:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

Picked up this 1210 ABZ.  Looked bad in the pictures, but it cleaned up to a nice shine.  I thought the phone with a dial was a 1211?  The holes for the top part look pretty original, and the wiring harness to the dial is definitely original.  The original dial had a nice aluminum number plate with the silver background instead of white.  Had to switch it out as the old dial was frozen, and I don't have time to take it apart right now.  Need to replace the handset cord, but I don't have the tool to remove the transmitter.  
Dave

Dan

DECO baby deco!!!Still kicking myself a few years back for NOT buying an IVORY version of this phone for $75 because the dial was a little slow.

Love this phone!!!!!! ;D
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

paul-f

Quote from: wds on September 17, 2013, 08:56:30 PM

Picked up this 1210 ABZ. 

I thought the phone with a dial was a 1211? 

Need to replace the handset cord, but I don't have the tool to remove the transmitter. 

Nice find!  The 1211 replaced the 1210.

You can make a simple tool to remove the transmitter by tapping a few nails in a block of wood so the heads extend just enough to engage the holes.  Space them so they fit in the holes in the transmitter and unscrew gently.  Using more nails spreads the force more.

If you apply too much pressure, you will deform the holes a bit.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

LarryInMichigan

Welcome to the 1210 club.  My kitchen wall phone is still my 1210.  It looks almost new and gets comments from visitors to my kitchen.

Larry

wds

I need to get that center plug out of the number card holder - is that hard to remove?  Do I just tap it out from the back side?
Dave

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: wds on September 18, 2013, 11:29:12 AM
I need to get that center plug out of the number card holder - is that hard to remove?  Do I just tap it out from the back side?

It is not hard to remove, but the rust and dirt may make it a bit harder.  You should be able to gently pull it out by sticking something thin underneath the edges.  It just presses into place and is held by friction.  A good cleaning with a rotary tool brush will make it look good.

Larry