"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wiring Help - FeTAp 611 in the UK

Started by sixthofjuly, March 01, 2018, 08:43:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixthofjuly

Hi all,

I'm sure this has been discussed a hundred times before, but I couldn't find what I needed in a search.  I have a lovely green FeTAp 611-2a from Germany that I'm trying to get working at home in the UK.  Firstly, I hoped somebody could tell me to which pins on the BT (431A) plug the phone's white, brown, green and yellow wires should be connected.

Through a bit of guess work, I've got the phone to work in all ways apart from transmitting speech.  As in, there is a dial tone and clear sound to the earpiece and the phone rings with an incoming call, but I cannot hear any sound from the microphone at the other end of the line.  I have done a basic test with the microphone capsule on my GPO phone and it works with that, so I can assume the problem is not the capsule.

So my first thing to check is that the wiring from the phone to wall socket is correct (your help please!).  And in the mean time, if anyone can suggest anything else I can do to eliminate other things, or things to check, I'd be most grateful.

Thank you very much!

Andy

dsk

As long as you dont modify the ringer circuit, it should work if you only use red and white, and isolate the others.  Red and white should be connected to 3 and 4  on the phone.  Ususally the transmitter should work on those with no changes. 

dsk

sixthofjuly

Thanks dsk, I've tried connecting Red to pin 3 and White to pin 4 on the phone, and the reverse, and the phone doesn't work at all.

Thanks also Owain, I have wiring diagrams, but what I need to know is which way around the wires are connected at the other (wall) end, in the UK.  I am having to put a BT plug on the end of a German cable, but because the colours do not match, I don't know to which pins in the BT plug each wire should be connected.

Any further assistance is very much appreciated!

Owain

Owain

And on a BT plug it's pins 2 and 5 for the 2-wire line.