News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What is it? -> GTE ATC Phone Insides

Started by Mr. Bones, May 26, 2013, 05:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Bones

Good afternoon, and Happy Sunday to all!

I got this item in a box of phone parts, yesterday, and I was hoping that somebody could identify its origin, and purpose...

Thanks, in advance!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

poplar1

This appears to be the kit that was installed by the phone company in customer-owned ATC or Decotel housings such as Mickey Mouse phones. You owned the shell but had to lease the parts.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

AE_Collector

Probably for the ATC/Decotel cradlephone. The switch hook is from An AE Styleline base.

Terry

kb3pxr

Quote from: AE_Collector on May 26, 2013, 07:32:11 PM
Probably for the ATC/Decotel cradlephone. The switch hook is from An AE Styleline base.

Terry

Yes, this is GTE's cradle phone kit, more specifically the Automatic Electric version. There supposedly was a Stromberg Carlson version, but IIRC that version also used an Automatic Electric Dial.

HarrySmith

One of our members just posted about a phone he got for free missing the internals. I cannot find the thread but he scrounged up various parts for it, this part probably would have been perfect for that one!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE_Collector

Just goes to show what a good data base of info this forum is. The question was asked in 2013 by Mr. Bones and now we have the definitive answer. I must have been in a hurry then as I should also have pointed out that the network is an AE80/90 type network.

Has anyone heard from Mr. Bones lately? I miss him here!

Terry

paul-f

I must have been on vacation in 2013.  ;)

Here's a catalog entry...
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line