News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Christmas present

Started by Shovelhead, November 29, 2008, 09:27:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shovelhead

A BIN on eBay, probably overpaid at 29.95 for a 11/48 302. It's missing the dial card parts. But it looked good in the photos, and having gotten beat on a couple of earlier auctions, it's getting too close to the holidays.
Anyway, it's for my oldest daughter. She covets my 302, the one I found in a corner of a Michigan Bell office in '66, sorry, can't let that one go yet.
Anyway, straight cords, Z dial, actually the phone look pretty good.
I'll start the cleanup/polishing this evening, need to find a base set cord as the only extra I have is cloth covered.
Also forgot to mention, it has a brown bakelite wall jack, 283B with it, almost mint.
Back to the Christmas gift, she likes antiques, her s/o said he had no problem connecting a vintage phone to their house, so that's what she got.

McHeath

Sounds like a nice and memorable gift.  It's pretty fun being able to actually use these old phones as they were intended, and since she really likes the 302 series I'm guessing this will be a Christmas gift that gets used for a long time.

Sargeguy

Can't go wrong with a 302, and that original wiring box almost makes up for the dial card holder.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409