News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I Just Won This (but I don't know if I really want it)

Started by LarryInMichigan, February 24, 2010, 04:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260557380632
( dead link 08-25-21 )

I guess I will be the first one on my block to have an old Bulgarian telephone.  The shipping is awfully expensive, but the price was cheap.  Overall, it's about the same as paying $18 plus $12 for shipping.  I sure hope that all of the parts work, because finding replacements is not likely to be easy.  Even PhoneCo isn't likely to stock them.

Larry

LarryInMichigan

The seller contacted me this morning and sent me a picture showing a large break in the rear corner in the area where the line cord had entered that he just discovered.  I asked him to refund my money, so it looks like I will not be the first one on my block with an old Bulgarian phone.

Larry

McHeath

It's got an interesting look, sort of like it ate a little too much for dinner, let its belt out, and is now just sitting there waiting for that bloating feeling to go down. 

Old communist bloc phones have an odd sort of style, to my eyes, this phone is pretty much right there with them. 

Wallphone

Larry,
Better that I got broke in Bulgaria than on the trip over here.
To me, that was a sure thing to happen.
I was going to set up a new contest on whether it would make it to you in one piece or not.
You can always keep a picture of it in your wallet.
Dougpav

LarryInMichigan

Here is the picture of the break.

Dennis Markham

He "just discovered" that break??!  More likely he had a sudden urge to be honest about the condition.

jsowers

Now that's a mousehole. A hole a mouse could actually get into. Either that or that bloated feeling McHeath talked about didn't go away and the pants couldn't take it any more. ;)

This large phone reminds me a little of the "explosion proof" phones of the Bell System, that some have jokingly called a "Soviet Princess." There was a wall model and a desk model.
Jonathan

AET

I have seen desk ones before, but never a wall model.
- Tom