News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Color code for trimline

Started by John S, January 10, 2013, 05:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John S

Can anyone tell me where I can find a code color for a trimline?  I am looking everywhere and can't find anything.  I have a trimline, I dunno if its light grey or cream color.  Is there s specific spot to look at on the phone?
Thanks..

John

HarrySmith

Western Electric color codes are on the back of the dial, not sure if Trimlines are the same, did you look there?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

John S

took the phone apart.....i see the circuit board....Looking behind the dial might be hard...not sure how to take it apart...

John

poplar1

If you post pictures of the inside of the plastic back of the handset, someone may be able to tell the color. As far as I know, the 10A and 10AL dials have only the model and date of manufacture, but not a color code.

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

John S

Here are some pictures.  I am not sure what color it is...

poplar1

Looks like ivory (color code -50). That was probably the most popular color for leased Western Electric phones in the 1980s.

This appears to be a refurbished phone: the paper mat was changed to metal, the adapter was installed so that standard modular cords could be used,  the circuit board was replaced, and perhaps new plastic was provided. (I don't think they were still making round button Trimlines in 1981, but were still making parts for them.)
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.