News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Original AE40 Line Cords?

Started by easytiger, September 21, 2010, 10:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easytiger

Anybody know what line cords would have been original to AE40 Monophones?  Cloth?  Rubber?  Color?

Would they have been different for the color models vs. the black models?  More particularly, the Chinese Red?

Anybody have any photos showing original line cords on both/either black or color models?

Thanks!
Easy, Tiger..."it's life...you don't figure it out.  You just climb up on the beast and RIDE."  --Vivi, "Divine Secrets"

bingster

The advertising piece below shows black Extensicords in place on all the color phones, but they could also have had the black plaited (non-retractable) cords on them, too.  They're also commonly found with black rubber cords, so I think any of the three types are completely correct.
= DARRIN =

easytiger

Thanks, Bingster.  Info & photos definitely seem plentiful regarding the (very cool) Extensicord handset cords for the AE40's, but not so much with the line cords (set to wall connection).

Any additional detail or photos on standard type and color of original line cords for AE40's out there?  ???

P.S. and what is that, a lit Camel in the ashtray with the red AE40?  :o
Easy, Tiger..."it's life...you don't figure it out.  You just climb up on the beast and RIDE."  --Vivi, "Divine Secrets"

bingster

Ohhhh, I'm sorry... I misread your question and didn't spot the line cord reference.  I don't have any info about line cords, but I'm sure somebody here must know.  I doubt they'd mix and match cord types though, so I'd think a plain black cloth line cord would be paired with  cloth handset cords, and rubber line cords with rubber handset cords.
= DARRIN =