News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

They say it never rains in So. california.

Started by Dan/Panther, October 09, 2009, 02:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

For those that think California is a tropical paradise.
Here are some photos out my front porch last january.
From Left to right, starting with top photo.
I absolutely love winter time.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bwanna

it might not rain. but i guess it snows 8)

looks like you got a real nice place there, d/p. i really like the view in the third photo.
donna

Phonesrfun

Looks like what we had last December in Walla Walla.  It's already getting pretty cool.  Supposed to be in the mid 20's tonight and it is 35 right now at 7:23pm.  Bah, Humbug.

-Bill G

Dan/Panther

The third photo is actually the way it is most of the way around my place. I'll see if I can find the ones facing West, and North that's mountains both sides. We live on 2.6 acres. and I absolutely love the privacy. It is so dark and quiet out here that at nigh sometimes you can actually get disoriented outside from lack of reference. Most of the time I have outside lights on that light up most of the property, but I realized it was better than 1/2 my electric bill each month, so when I go to bed, all outside lights go off.
Dan

Dan/Panther

The first three pictures are basically S.E. and South. This picture is facing West.
I don't have a snow photo of this area.
D/P

Bill Cahill

Looks like three million dollar property to me. Nice site.
Beutiful landscape. You can keep the snow, though.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Dan/Panther

Bill;
It's priceless to me. Wouldn't trade it for any city view ever again. I lived in Orange County, ( right in the middle of So. Cal. About 3 miles from Disneyland ), for 45 years, I don't know how I made it there?
D/P

Dennis Markham

Dan that photo is inviting.  I can imagine myself flying a small antique airplane around those parts.  I've always wanted to have my own landing strip on a chunk of land.  Maybe some day...............

Dan/Panther

Dennis;
We have a small craft airstrip right here in town. Lighted runway and all, no tower. I'll take a couple photos for you.
D/P

Dennis Markham

That would be great Dan, thanks.  I'll bet there are some vintage aircraft there too.

Dan/Panther

We have an area about 3 or 4 miles down the road, called Lake Rverside Estates. They had the runway built. They have all the big bucks around here. Many people have land that borders the runway, and have hangers right outside their back door, with planes on the ready to go.
D/P

AET

So can we change it from "it pours, man it pours" to "it snows, sometimes it snows"
- Tom

Dan/Panther

McHeath

A freakish blizzard hit here back in 50' or 51', dropped 3 feet of snow.  Shut the whole town down until it melted as there was no way to clear it, that only took a day or two.  About 12 years ago we had hail so hard that it looked like snow for a bit, my son made a hailman in the front yard, his one and only snowman, it was about a foot high and of course we all took pictures.

Dan/Panther