Main Menu

I am obsessed with rotary phones!!!

Started by DebbieDoo, March 20, 2014, 03:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on March 21, 2014, 04:54:23 PM
Quote from: DebbieDoo on March 21, 2014, 03:01:22 PM
Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on March 21, 2014, 10:04:28 AM
Only this forum will greet new members with "Beware" threats! ;D Don't worry Debbie, you'll fit right in to this wacky, mad group of collectors! ;)

Yes, this is the only place I've ever come across these "beware" comments but hey I'm a big girl and can handle a little wackiness.  Hell, I'm pretty much a wackadoo myself. 

I'm really looking forward to buying my very first phone and yes it will be a pink one!!!!  I've got a few lined up!!!! 

Looking forward to more craziness from all you that are stricken with this thing you call phoneitis!!!!!

Believe me, your little one-phone army you have right now will soon turn into the desire for an aqua 500, then a red one, then a couple ivories, and you will realize you don't have a black soft plastic 500 yet, then you will want every soft 500 color...

Soon enough, you will have 20 to 30 phones, and yet you won't regret a single second of phone collecting! We also hope you enjoy every second you spend at this mental institution ;D

Or 120 or 130..

Ben

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on March 21, 2014, 05:01:49 PM
Only this forum will greet new members with "Beware" threats! ;D Don't worry Debbie, you'll fit right in to this wacky, mad group of collectors! ;)

Yes, this is the only place I've ever come across these "beware" comments but hey I'm a big girl and can handle a little wackiness.  Hell, I'm pretty much a wackadoo myself. 

I'm really looking forward to buying my very first phone and yes it will be a pink one!!!!  I've got a few lined up!!!! 

Looking forward to more craziness from all you that are stricken with this thing you call phoneitis!!!!!

Believe me, your little one-phone army you have right now will soon turn into the desire for an aqua 500, then a red one, then a couple ivories, and you will realize you don't have a black soft plastic 500 yet, then you will want every soft 500 color...

Soon enough, you will have 20 to 30 phones, and yet you won't regret a single second of phone collecting! We also hope you enjoy every second you spend at this mental institution ;D

Or 120 or 130..

Ben

That number will be coming up for my collection pretty quick...
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

WesternElectricBen

That number will be coming up for my collection pretty quick...
[/quote]

What are you at now?

Ben

DebbieDoo

Oh heck yeah!!!!  I already have my sights on a yellow 500 and a blue one too!!!  In my neck of the woods we only had basic WE 500 style in a few colors but I'm becoming more obsessed with the Automatic Electric ones (don't know the model number but look similar to the WE 500) but they look gangster for sure.

WEBellSystemChristian

The Automatic Electric phone you're referring to is called the "80" model. I'm more of a 500 guy myself, but I prefer the color combination for the light blue 80s over the light blue 500s. They used white letters and numbers on the dial ring, which I think looks better. Take a look at the website called "Etsy", I'm pretty sure quite a few sellers on there have a lot of different colored 500s.
Christian Petterson

DebbieDoo

Yep, I have already been on Etsy.com and have a pink 500 lined up already!!! 

Mr. Bones

Subject is presenting classic symptoms. ;)

Best regards, and welcome! :D
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

DebbieDoo

Quote from: Mr. Bones on March 21, 2014, 10:35:37 PM
Subject is presenting classic symptoms. ;)

Best regards, and welcome! :D

Yes, I do believe I have all the symptoms now I just need a few phones to get started with!!! 

Thanks for all the welcome wishes!!!

WEBellSystemChristian

You're welcome! The wind is at your back now. Happy collecting!
Christian Petterson