News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

eBay 390281108004 Monowatt Vintage Phone Light w/ Packaging

Started by Doug Rose, January 29, 2011, 04:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I was the lucky winner of this really nice bakelite phone lamp. It is NOS and I was really shocked that it went so low. I love the "go withs" in Telephone collecting. Brown Bakelite base and an Ivory Bakelite shade. With the 302 on the front and the 354 on the back, I am guessing late 40s early 50s. There is not date on the package. It is made by General Electric. Very cool.....Doug

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390281108004&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
( dead link 02-18-22 )
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Sargeguy

Where was it manufactured?  My great-grandfather and grandfather worked for GE/Monowatt in Providence.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Doug Rose

Quote from: Sargeguy on January 29, 2011, 11:13:24 PM
Where was it manufactured?  My great-grandfather and grandfather worked for GE/Monowatt in Providence.
Sarge...General Electric Providence 7, R.I. is what is listed on the cardboard on the bottom, see pic 5. Maybe your great-grandfather was involved in this production!....Doug
Kidphone

Sargeguy

Oh yeah I see it now.  He passed away in 1918, so its a little after his time, but very cool!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

bingster

If it's got a postal zone in the address, that narrows it down to to a twenty year period between 1943 and 1963.
= DARRIN =

Ed D

Very nice!  I think the accessories, or "go-withs" really make a display of anything, not just phones, look better.

I collect meteorites and frequently look for anything related, even remotely related - even if it just says "meteorites" on it.  It adds to the fun and the interest that the display generates.

Ed