News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Guess I should have counted how many conductor ends are inside my receiver...

Started by Karen, April 23, 2012, 10:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen

Guess I should have counted how many conductor ends are inside my receiver...before I bought a new cord for it.  Is it a lost cause or is there some magical way to make a cord with only two spade tip ends work in a receiver with a red, blk, and wht wire??

LarryInMichigan

Karen,

If you are trying to use a two-conductor cord for an F1 handset, you are out of luck.  You need a three-conductor cord.  A two-conductor cord like yours could be used as a line cord or a receiver cord for a candlestick-type receiver.

Larry

Karen

Uuuuughhhh... Yeah I figured that would be the answer.  Maybe the guy will let me exchange it.  I was so excited to get this all finished up today!

Lesson learned!

Greg G.

Quote from: Karen on April 23, 2012, 10:33:31 PM
Uuuuughhhh... Yeah I figured that would be the answer.  Maybe the guy will let me exchange it.  I was so excited to get this all finished up today!

Lesson learned!

Or just buy the correct one and keep that one for your parts bin. 
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Phonesrfun

Unfortunately, you have probably fallen into a semantics trap.  A handset contains both a receiver and a transmitter, and is sometimes referred to by the general public simply as a "receiver", even though that does not really describe it.

A receiver is the one that is connected to a candlestick or a magneto wall phone that has a separate transmitter.

If you got it from OPW, I have found them to be easy and fair to work with.
-Bill G

Karen

Eh... I bought it from, what turned out to be, PhoneCo on ebay.  I didnt realize that when I bought it. But I know phoneco is a staple around here.

I already bought the correct one and i asked if i could return the wrong one. If not, thats fine... I can always resell it.  As much as Id like to hope Ill need it at some point when i finally get a candlestick, I dont have much faith in that happening.  They are a little too spendy for this girl.  Maybe later this summer. Someone else can have it.  Either PhoneCo or some lucky guy on ebay.