News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Dutch PTT phone handset missing parts

Started by 302lover, June 23, 2011, 11:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

302lover

I earlier posted regarding a PTT phone Type 51 Tafel At missing the handset receiver and transmitter capsules... Well, I've got a second one now, with the same trouble.

I am unable to locate the original capsules; Can the U1 receiver/LB1 receiver and T1 transmitter or AE type transmitter be adapted? I know it'd be trial and error, but wonder if anyone has done this with a PTT phone themselves when the original parts weren't available?

LarryInMichigan

I don't think that you are going to be able to fit any WE or AE receiver capsules into the handset.  A T1 transmitter will probably work with some careful bending of the contacts, but the T1s have higher gain than the original transmitter, so you may hear static or have distorted sound.  From my experience, most of the Ericsson and PTT transmitters are bad.

You can check with Steve Hilsz (phonesurplus.com) to see if he has replacements.

Larry

rdelius

The rec capsule from a Trimline can be fitted with jumper wires and used. At COT we used an Audiosears LB1 capsule but I do not know if anybody has one.You might fit a T1 tx capsule if you can keep the center contact from shorting out.Somebody out there should have origional capsules though.
Robby