News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Princess 2712B

Started by LarryInMichigan, September 16, 2012, 11:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

I saw a pink 2712B Princess at a flea market this morning.  It is a 12-button TT.  I think that it was marked $40.  Is this an Interphone phone?  Is it worth anywhere near what my 511 was worth?  If so, I can try to run back and buy it.

Thank you

Larry

poplar1

Not all two-line phones (in fact most) have not been modified for Home Interphone. Would the dealer let you open up the phone? If it doesn't have at least 11 conductors in the mounting cord the it is probably not for Home Interphone. Still, a pink 2-line Princess is probably worth $40 if it is not faded.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

LarryInMichigan

The mounting cord did have quite a few conductors.  I don't think that there were spade connectors on them, but several had pieces of masking tape on the ends with markings.  The plastic didn't appear to be badly faded, but the lighting was not very good in the room.

I doubt that the dealer would let me open it, but i suppose that I could ask.  Would it have an internal transmitter if it was for an Interphone?

Larry

poplar1

Home Interphone sets had transmitter inside. Farm Interphone sets used the same external  spkr for transmitting and receiving.

poplar1

Looking ay BSP 502-703-101 Issue 1 on TCI site, it appears that the 2712B had 14 conductor cord even when used for normal 2 lines; so the cord may not be a good indicator of home interphone use. I think the 711B and 1711B (?) may be more commonly used with Home Interphone than the 2712B or 712B or 1712B(?).

LarryInMichigan

It's probably not worth a trip back then.  The guy with the phone also had a Telechron clock that I wanted, but he wanted more for it than I wanted to pay given its condition.  Thank you for the information.

Larry

AE_Collector

Package deal. Both items for what he wanted for the clock.

Terry

LarryInMichigan

I think that the market is about to close soon.  Anyway, I have already spent enough today.  At another place this morning, I bought a Westinghouse Whirlwind fan, which I have since been told probably dates from 1916-1917.

Larry