News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Listed my phone collection on Ebay

Started by Jrs1958, February 09, 2017, 08:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jrs1958

I just listed 28 or so of my phones on eBay anything from AE34s to 5302s to 60s.   jrs58 is user name

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Vintage-Telephone-Collection-/332120289050

Pourme

If you offered them separately they'd would bring more and buyers could afford to have them shipped. You have some desirable pieces. For the buyer to be able to drive to your house and load them in the car limits your prospective buyers. You have a few pieces I'd like to own. Good luck!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Jrs1958

I would separate and ship  them if I had some fair offers...pm me with details if there is any interest.

TelePlay

You might want to list by number all of the phones in a single For Sale topic in Classifieds including the mfg/model/condition for each phone available so members both know what you have and can PM you with offers, etc. for one or more phones.

If you do that, all you need to do is modify the list by striking out those on the list that have been sold and are no longer available.

Doug Rose

Why would you do this? Limit your sale to people in your  proximity.  The buyer will be in complete control. Your two AE 34s are worth more than your stating bid.  Put a 34 on eBay with 12 pictures including the insides.  Yes, it takes a lot of work, but you will be glad you did.

If you want to give them away, that is what you are doing with no description and a partial picture; bring them to a charity drop off and get a big write off on your taxes.

This looks like an impulsive move,think about it. You will regret this....Doug
Kidphone

TelePlay

Quote from: Doug Rose on February 10, 2017, 01:56:58 PM
Why would you do this? Limit your sale to people in your  proximity.  The buyer will be in complete control. Your two AE 34s are worth more than your stating bid.  Put a 34 on eBay with 12 pictures including the insides.  Yes, it takes a lot of work, but you will be glad you did.

If you want to give them away, that is what you are doing with no description and a partial picture; bring them to a charity drop off and get a big write off on your taxes.

This looks like an impulsive move,think about it. You will regret this....Doug

Doug's right. For some time and effort on your part, the payback will be worth it. And let the buyer pay the shipping.

Jrs1958

I ended the auction.  If anyone wants details or prices on anything you saw, let me know.

mariepr

We can't see what you had because it's ended. 

Many phones will fit into a USPS Large Flat Rate box.  Pricing for your buyer is easy because it's $18.85 anywhere in the USA regardless of weight.  It's roomy enough - 12" x 12" x 5 1/2" - that the handset can be safely wrapped and protected from the rest of the phone.  And they're free at the post office. 

WEBellSystemChristian

I agree with everyone here.

The type 34s alone are worth the starting bid. Besides, there are different types of phone collectors, so someone who is only after the type 34s wouldn't really consider the soft Yellow 500 as part of the deal, and would only pay as much as they would pay for the phones they want. If you list each phone individually and provide plenty of pictures and information, you could easily quadruple they money you were asking.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Jrs1958

andre_janew

Whatever you do, don't try to list 28 individual phones all in one day!  If it were me, I would give myself at least a week to get it all done.  Listing four phones per day would make it less daunting of a task.

Jrs1958

I want to say to everyone on this forum I really appreciate the support.  Where I may have looked impulsive to list a lot of phones at once, it is not a distress sale.  Where I collect phones, I also collect old Saabs, and just bought my eighth one.  Was just just looking to offset the cost, but it was not imparative.  Some suggested a "go fund me" account, which was nice, but truly not necessary.  If anyone is interested in any of the phones, or interested in what I am selling, PM me and I will give you a fair price.  Thanks again guys.
John

Jim Stettler

Quote from: andre_janew on February 12, 2017, 05:56:40 PM
Whatever you do, don't try to list 28 individual phones all in one day!  If it were me, I would give myself at least a week to get it all done.  Listing four phones per day would make it less daunting of a task.
Shipping 4 phones a day is a lot easier than shipping 28 in one day.
JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

andre_janew

Some may not sell on the first listing.  Some may have to be re-listed a time or two.  It may work out to one or two a day.