"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

e-Bay GPO 1/232.

Started by ThePillenwerfer, April 26, 2018, 10:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy1702

Thanks for that. It's really clever.

Just a few questions (and maybe this is me just being a bit thick) but why have you got a blue connection to a line cord on your diagram? How does a bell box wire up to this? If you've wired it 746 style, then shouldn't there be a 3.3k resistor somewhere in series with the bells? Is that in the bell box so you left it off the wiring diagram for the phone?

Call me on C*net 0246 81 290 from the UK
or (+44) 246 81 290 from the rest of the world.

For telephone videos search Andys Shed on Youtube.

ThePillenwerfer

There is no bell box; it just plugs straight into a socket.  I can hear my 746 in the hall ring all over the house so don't need any more. 

If it did have a bell box that would go between the blue and white wires and the resistor would be in there.  I tend to un-solder the link between the two coils and put the resistor in its place as they look messy tacked onto the terminals.

twocvbloke

Quote from: ThePillenwerfer on April 30, 2018, 04:14:58 PMI tend to un-solder the link between the two coils and put the resistor in its place as they look messy tacked onto the terminals.

I keep thinking about doing that with my phones, but I never do as I don't want to remove the originality...