News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Omniphone payphone controller and payphone line concentrater

Started by Payphone installer, October 17, 2018, 07:13:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payphone installer

Found a bunch of these cleaning out a shipping container I am moving today. These came from what was left of the public telephone department at Cincinnati Bell. They are gone now. The big concentrators were used in convention centers and places like that to cut the numbers of dial tones. The coinpros ran 1C dumbsets. Got to thinking the old used coinpros may still be programmed. Will have to check.

Payphone installer

Instructions for the concentrater

GTE Rick

Small in size ... Smart in Style ... and it has a lighted dial.

Protel8000

How did those work? Just a smart phone line splitter to feed one line to multiple phones? What happens if someone tries to use a phone when the lines are all in use?

I've seen these pop up on eBay but never understood how they work

Payphone installer

A line concentrater takes as many lines as you have and shares it over the stations, so you decide the ratio. It can be 5 to 24,10 to 24, or 1 to 24. You decide. You can also daisy chain them to where you have 100 to 1. Lines not available will receive busy signals. So you can use line share devices in place of PBXs if you don't want any features. I personally like them better for old telephones. Line share devices require very little programming.

Protel8000

Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense. Hopefully the coin pro still have the programming stored!

xhausted110

Quote from: Payphone installer on October 17, 2018, 07:13:07 AM
Found a bunch of these cleaning out a shipping container I am moving today. These came from what was left of the public telephone department at Cincinnati Bell. They are gone now. The big concentrators were used in convention centers and places like that to cut the numbers of dial tones. The coinpros ran 1C dumbsets. Got to thinking the old used coinpros may still be programmed. Will have to check.

Please let me know if you want to sell any of the coinpros, I am interested.
- Evan