News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Do You Ever Answer a Post, but it's not There

Started by Doug Rose, August 17, 2017, 08:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Old age is a great thing. You answer a post but your answer is not there! I started to keep track of my posts and I did send them.

darn Computer!

As Jerry Garcia said..."old and in the way"

Kidphone

TelePlay

oldguy

If it's like my texts, I wonder why the Person I texted didn't respond, until I check & discover I didn't hit send😀😀😀
Gary

HarrySmith

I have had the same thing happen. I typed an eloquent narrative to a post and next time I went to that topic it was not there! Must have been 3 or 4 times last week. Is it me??
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Dan/Panther

I have had that same thing happen SEVERAL times. I get so caught up in the post I'm writing, and simply forget to click POST. If I catch myself, I can Click back one page and will see my post. Then I click POST. Not saying that is what is happening here, just what I've had happen to me.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

HarrySmith

Yeah, I think it has something to do with my CRS syndrome! Or just being in a big rush?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

TelePlay

Another possibility is due to logging into the forum for only one hour instead of forever. If the hours runs out before you hit post or send, your reply or PM won't be sent. Won't be saved either.

The forum does not tell a member that their time has expired until after they take the next action, posting or sending or opening up a new window, etc.

compubit

On my iPhone, if I don't send a text I start (get interrupted), what I've typed seems to have gone into the ether. I was trying to text my parents and sister-in-law, and i think i started the text 5 separate times before I was able actually send it...

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

ThePillenwerfer

Doug

I've just come across this post of yours: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=18701.msg192616#msg192616 which seems to be in the wrong thread.  Is this why yours are vanishing?

Cheers

Joe

Doug Rose

Joe....this was just stupidity. The disappearing posts has blissfully been solved....Doug
Kidphone