News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I found two old phone signs

Started by MagicMo, April 21, 2013, 03:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicMo

I found two old signs, after seeing them I know we had these for a long time. I finally found them yesterday. They are quite heavy and large. Anyone know anything about them??
PS, I forgot to mention my dad had a storge shed which I just started working on because the weather is nice. I never thought he hid his phones in there too, I was wrong. I also found a (looks new) CRT Picture tube which I will post pics of later, it looks like the perfect size for a Picturephone! I will let you decide.

Thanks
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

MagicMo

Dan/Panther

According to your link, they are asking $600.00 for one, in not so good shape. You have 2 that are minty. I'd say if the ad is accurate you have well over $1500.00 in signs there.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

HarrySmith

I don't know about the price from that site, I looked at some of thier other stuff. The have a greasy, broken old factory table listed at $3900.00 :o
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AMCer

I bet the guys at "GreasyBrokenFactoryTableCollectors.org" realise how rare that table is and will HAPPILY pay $3900 for it!

MagicMo

I figured I would post pics here and someone would have an idea of the value. Mine are in exceptional condition. They would have to be bought at: WowYouKeptThatTelephoneSignSoNiceImImpressed.com  LOL! I didn't even dust them off yet. Any sign collectors out there??
Thanks
Mo

kleenax

Quote from: MagicMo on April 21, 2013, 03:15:22 PM
I found this on google:

https://mbabramgalleries.com/sign_american_phone.html

Mo;

that sign listed on the Google site is worth about $50.00; no kidding. Your's may bring $100-150.00 each on eBay; maybe a little less. The reason is because they don't have any "Bell System" logo on them or anything; kind of generic, and that really affects the value.

If you were going to list them, I would start them at $100 with no reserve and you might get lucky! Looks like one is a flange-style and one is not; is that correct? The flange-style will usually bring a higher price with all other things being equal (condition, etc).
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

MagicMo

MagicMo

Thanks for all the info Kleenax.
I figured the were way over priced on that site anyway. They are not taking up any room so I will hold on to them for a bit. They are very cool. Neither of the signs have a flange. I'm for sure going to keep one of them.
Thanks Again!
Mo