News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My First AE #21

Started by Babybearjs, December 02, 2011, 04:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

what a find.... and I only paid $11.50 for it! pretty banged up, but salvagable! this phone is going to take me awhile to restore... but once I do... do I keep it.... ot sell it!   time will tell!  enclosed are some ebay pics of my find!   John
John

Wallphone

The phone hookswitch has been converted for handset use. Even with a dial these type of phones only go for about $20 - $30 on eBay so if you are going to put some time into it along with a dial and a handset you will probably want to hold on to it. The phone looks decent from the outside so another option is to find a different hook for it along with a dial, receiver & transmitter but still keep it when you are finished because AE phones like that go pretty cheap on eBay. Don't shoot the messenger!
Doug Pav

Babybearjs

Thanks Doug! it looks like I can mount it on a backboard and add a 228A wall plug... thats what I did with my AE 50... found 2 others and sold one in a antique shop for about $50.00. I was looking for the copy of the AE 4055-D that used to be on the TCI website prior to the library upgrade... the copy has been downgraded to the first copy.... the 4th copy showed the conversion models... I used to have the 4th copy and lost it.... I dont like the first copy... its too basic.... anyway, I'll keep you all updated on its progress.... I'm thinking of putting my 11 digit dial on it to make it an eye catcher.... dial "A" for attendant???? someone out there in cyberland bought my 2nd 11 digit for a good $50.00.  Now the other one is a keeper because I can't get them anymore... found them through the surplus sales of Nebraska.... decent place for telephone parts....expensive though..... they have stepper switches and a good assortment of relays... check them out sometime if you havent already.... I'll post pics once get the phone and actually show the rest of the phone and its parts....   John
John

AE_Collector

I'm not certain wha tyou mean by firs tand 4th copies. Do you mean 4055 versus 4055A, 4055B, 4055C & 4055D?

4055 and 4055C are currently available for download. Check the AE Catalogs thread:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=2959.msg40198#msg40198

Terry