News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Found an autographed copy of "The Rape of Ma Bell".

Started by Greg G., February 21, 2015, 01:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

The other thread  I started about this comes up blank on every computer I've tried, even my smart phone, so I started a new one.

I've been gathering together used copies of 3 or 4 different books on the history of the breakup of AT&T to sell at the Seattle phone show in May.  3 years ago I found a letter from one of the authors of "The Rape of Ma Bell", Al Duerig, in a used copy to one of his colleagues.

In another used copy I just got the other day, I found a CCE (Consulting Communications Engineers) newsletter from September 1988, a clipping of key dates of the breakup, and it's an autographed copy, signed by Constantine Raymond Kraus.  Attached is a pic of the autographed page.  I can't make out the second word in the line that says "With ??? ? regards".
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Dennis Markham

Quote from: Brinybay on February 21, 2015, 01:33:20 PM
The other thread I started about this comes up blank on every computer I've tried, even my smart phone, so I started a new one.

I deleted that topic, Greg.  Usually that is caused when too large of a document is attached.  In the past we've been able to delete the offending post and it keep the rest of the topic.  I think that original post was the only one in the thread.  The topic is history.

~Dennis

DavePEI

In another used copy I just got the other day, I found a CCE (Consulting Communications Engineers) newsletter from September 1988, a clipping of key dates of the breakup, and it's an autographed copy, signed by Constantine Raymond Kraus.  Attached is a pic of the autographed page.  I can't make out the second word in the line that says "With ??? ? regards".
Looks like "Kindest"

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Greg G.

Quote from: poplar1 on February 21, 2015, 01:52:44 PM
With kindest regards

Sounds right.  I believe C.R. Kraus was blind or near blind at the time,  that was why he needed a co-author.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Quote from: Dennis Markham on February 21, 2015, 02:40:08 PM
The other thread I started about this comes up blank on every computer I've tried, even my smart phone, so I started a new one.

I deleted that topic, Greg.  Usually that is caused when too large of a document is attached.  In the past we've been able to delete the offending post and it keep the rest of the topic.  I think that original post was the only one in the thread.  The topic is history.

~Dennis

Thanks Dennis.  You are correct, I suspected a problem with one of the attachments.  When I looked at the second page of the CCE newsletter, I discovered that I didn't resize it.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to delete the oversized attachment. 
- Mike Row
e