"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Can someone help me fix this

Started by Miko, February 19, 2013, 07:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miko

Hi all,

I am new to the forum. I just got my first phone. I think it`s a 302. See pic below.

So I plug this thing in and I have dial tone. Yeaaa. I tried calling it with my cell phone and I find out it doesn`t ring. So I open it up and figure the ringer is disconnected. I see a red disconnected wire which I figure is the ringer. I compared it to a 500 set I have.

When I plugged it back in with the red wire connected I no longer had dial tone. I open it up again and disconnect the red wire and the dial tone never came back...

What is funny is if I plug the phone in any jack in the house I lose the dial tone on my other phones... whether the phone if off the hook or not.

Miko

here is the phone itself

LarryInMichigan

From the picture, it looks like the red handset wire is connected to "GN" on the inductor coil.  That is wrong.  It should go to "R".  This diagram: link should give you the information you need to wire the phone properly.

Larry

Miko

Hi Larry,

The red handset wire is definitly on the R....Thank you for the diagram. i will go through it one by one....

poplar1

The red ringer wire (shown floating in the picture) should connect to L1. Make sure the wires on L1 and L2 are not touching.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Miko

Thanks Poplar1. That L1 connection solved the problem. I now have dial tone and a ringer. You got to love the ringer on this phone. It will freak out the kids...

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Sargeguy

QuoteMiko;
For future reference we have a section with diagrams that seem to help alot.
D/P
...for when you buy your next phone ;D
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Babybearjs

the matching wall phone is a 354... be sure to get one... they are great together!
John