News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My new WE 202 D1 base F1 handset

Started by markosjal, May 26, 2017, 05:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markosjal

My WE 202 D1 base F1 handset, no subset for 400 Mexican Pesos (about $21 USD). I got free shipping from Mercadolibre from points.

It looks like mercadolibre already cleared the auction page but here is the first pic as received complete with external loop start button (?)  . Other pics are after some cleanup and straightening out fingerwheel

The felt base was intact

Mark

Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

unbeldi

Quote from: markosjal on May 26, 2017, 05:22:00 AM
I would like to nominate my WE 202 D1 base F1 handset, no subset for 400 Mexican Pesos (about $21 USD). I got free shipping from Mercadolibre from points.

It looks like mercadolibre already cleared the auction page but here is the first pic as received complete with external loop start button (?)  . Other pics are after some cleanup and straightening out fingerwheel

The felt base was intact

Mark

There is no such thing as a loop start button.
What does it do ?   I suspect the set was used as an intercom and the button rang a bell.

kb3pxr

Quote from: unbeldi on May 26, 2017, 08:47:44 AM
What does it do ?   I suspect the set was used as an intercom and the button rang a bell.

I agree, I have seen some more modern sets configured with ground start buttons as loop start activates PBX station port, ground start (by pushing the button) activates CO line during PBX power failure.

Alex G. Bell

Quote from: unbeldi on May 26, 2017, 08:47:44 AM
I agree.  Could also be for transmitter muting.

Regardless, we should all be thankful they didn't drill a hole in the base to install a PB switch.  How many times have we seen THAT???

TelePlay

Did you receive the phone yet and if so, what is that switch wired into inside the phone?

Alex G. Bell

Quote from: TelePlay on June 05, 2017, 06:01:58 PM
Did you receive the phone yet and if so, what is that switch wired into inside the phone?
I'm still wondering too!

Desert Phone Guy

Hummm I did a completed auction search for the seller and  no completed  or sold items appeared, and the seller appears to be new with 0 feedback.

Hope you receive what is pictured.

markosjal

I received it fine see OP First pic as received , second pic after some work.

I do not believe that there is a completed auctions serarch on mercadolibre as they are deleted quickly

Here are some as it is at the moment.

The last pic shows where I did not get off the outer layer of paint (using toothpaste) in one part.
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

oldguy

Gary