News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Merry Christmas!

Started by Dan/Panther, December 10, 2008, 08:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonyrotary

Dennis, so you know a little Hawaiian? Hauoli Makahiki Hou to you! (Happy New Year)

Dennis Markham

Tony, I know very little.  I was there last November (2008) on vacation and had a great time.  I thought the Hawaiian people were very nice and knew when I left that I'd like to go back.  Thank you for the native greeting.

dsk

As usual we celebrate the 24. In the evening someone knocked on the door, and in came Father Christmas or "Nissen" as we say. He had gifts to the children, and no fake beard!
Don't tell me he doesent exist!

Merry Chrismas!

dsk

bwanna

yes, virginia....er, dag, there is a santa claus ;)   a rainy christmas here in se michigan, but i am still fat & happy. ;D  hope everyone here is too.   happy holidays, all.
donna

AET

My folks got me a phone for christmas, hasn't come yet, it's dialless and has cloth cords though!
- Tom

AET

Somebody's on a grammar rampage today!
- Tom

Greg G.

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on December 25, 2009, 12:55:14 PM
Somebody's on a grammar rampage today!

Yeah, leave those grammars alone!  Go pick on grammpar...
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dennis Markham

I'm going to send out a Merry Christmas one more time.  This time circa April 1955.

I had some time to spare and thought I'd take a Christmas photo of an old favorite and a new favorite.....this week anyway.

The manufacture date on the green is 4-12-55 and the red 4-19-55. 

Greg G.

I was just doing the same thing.  I just don't have the other Christmas decor to go with it.  Red one is WE, 6-62, green is SC, 4-71.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Ellen

Hey there you-all!   :)  Merry Christmas and everything else from New England.  My house smells like apples - fritters for breakfast, then I made a big apple pudding for tomorrow's party.  Just two of us here tonight - #2 daughter went to work at the hospital evening shift, and the other one has flown the coop and begun the alternating family-holiday dance.

We get our tree from a 101-year-old farmer; she sells the taller ones for cheaper as a way of keeping the stock shorter.  I don't think she does any pruning or trimming.  We wander around the field looking at the tops of the 20 - 30 foot trees, trying to figure out which one looks good in the top 6 to 8'.  Then we cut it down, cut off the good part and demolish the rest.  This year our perceptions were off - it is very lop-sided.  But beautiful nonetheless, with the red and sparkle ornaments my Dad brought home around 1967, and the basket my sister wove of grass in 1972, and the little polar bear with backpack that Gillian made and sent from Alaska in 1986, and so on...

I am buying a couple of older push-buttons phones for my office, because no-one there seems to mind the modern crappy reception.  I would go for dial, but that might get vetoed. 

Best wishes to all and a much better next year than this one to everyone!!

Here is my wish for the world, as painted by me a few years ago.

jiggerman

Here's a photo of my retro Christmas tree with revolving wheel. I also have the rotating base but was nowhere to be found. I got up extra early Christmas morning searching for it but to no avail. Funny thing, I did find two phones in the shed that I didn't know I had. Probably found these in a yard sale before I started collecting phones. One was a 1960 pink Princess and a 1953 moss green WE 500. I'll post a few pics later if I have time. Jiggerman

bwanna

jiggerman, nice tree ;) granny had one like it when we were kids.

don't you just love when you find those "hidden treasures"? ;D a little merry christmas from you to you. looking forward to pics 8)
donna

mienaichizu

jiggerman, I like you retro stereo, Merry Christmas

jiggerman

Hi mienaichizu,
                         Thanks. It's an Electrohome from 1969, still plays and sounds great. Best wishes in the coming year, Jiggerman

Doug Rose

Merry Christmas. Its the most wonderful time of the year.....Doug
Kidphone