"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Yet Another Great Offer in Oregon

Started by LarryInMichigan, September 29, 2010, 10:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/atq/1979281409.html

It looks like the lot includes a British GPO 200 series and a Kellogg 925, among others.  The best phones are in Oregon and Washington!

Larry

HarrySmith

darn, that is a great deal! Wish I was closer :(
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Wallphone

It's hard to tell from the pics but I can see the right front foot pad of the 925. There's a good chance that there is a piece missing.

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: Wallphone on September 29, 2010, 10:51:22 AM
It's hard to tell from the pics but I can see the right front foot pad of the 925. There's a good chance that there is a piece missing.

I could not tell.  Nearly every Kellogg 925 I have seen has pieces missing from the corners of the shell.  I normally ask craigslist sellers to send me better/larger pictures.

Larry

Doug Rose

I agree with DougPav, there is a piece missing front right of picture.

Larry...it took me almost 30 years until I got a 925 ashtray phone that did not have a crack or a piece missing. They have extremely thin baskelite with those sharp angles giving them no sense of humor to a drop or a bump. They are well worth the wait, easily the most deco phone made....Doug
Kidphone

Wallphone

If there isn't a piece missing there, it still has a good chance that it has problems somewhere else. I rate Kellogg & Leich Bakelite as the most fragile phones out there.