News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Power Plant Telephones

Started by mienaichizu, May 27, 2009, 09:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mienaichizu

I went to a tour of a defunct power plant and here are their telephones. The power plant was built somewhere in the 60's so they still have this old fashioned telephones.

Dan/Panther

If I were you, I'd go defunct that pink 500.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

mienaichizu

I ask a plant maintenance crew that I want the phones and told them I'll buy it but they can't, the government owns it

mienaichizu

Quote from: Dan/Panther on May 27, 2009, 10:29:45 AM
If I were you, I'd go defunct that pink 500.
D/P

the photo mislead you DP, its a beige one not pink

AET

- Tom

Dan/Panther

Boy if you compare it to the white one and the beige handset next to it, it sure looks faded pink.
If you ever get back their pull a cap and check inside.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

mienaichizu

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on May 27, 2009, 11:16:41 PM
Very interesting phones! 

yup, I like the one on the far left, it looks like it has a speaker built in to it. The equipments inside the plant is also very interesting, lots of buttons, meters and dials. We have a joke the, everyone say "ah so this is where Homer Simpson works"

mienaichizu

Quote from: Dan/Panther on May 28, 2009, 01:36:08 AM
Boy if you compare it to the white one and the beige handset next to it, it sure looks faded pink.
D/P

sure I'll do that if I can go back to that plant. Its very far to where I live, like 4 hours travel time by car.

AET

Funny, Homer Simpson was exactly who came to mine for me too.  I live by a Coal-Fired plant, you can see it from anywhere in Portage or the surrounding area, and we always joke that Homer Simpson works there too!

Quote from: mienaichizu on May 28, 2009, 08:23:24 AM
Quote from: Dan/Panther on May 28, 2009, 01:36:08 AM
D/P

sure I'll do that if I can go back to that plant. Its very far to where I live, like 4 hours travel time by car.
- Tom