News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wanted: 554 / Princess Phones

Started by FABphones, February 21, 2018, 04:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FABphones

EDIT: Am withdrawing this wanted ad as unfortunately the mailing costs USA - UK are currently a little high.   :(

Thanks for reading and your replies to my search.  :)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Babybearjs

I've got 2 ivory 702's... but, they are wired for a 1A1, 1A2 key system.... but they do work!
John

Vern P

I have a nice Black 554, hard wired and should have 1 in mod. May also have soft Ivory 554 hard wired or mod Ivory.  Just need to look.
Vern

compubit

For the princess - rotary or Touch Tone®?  I have ivory in both...

I'll be heading "across the pond" in early April and will probably mail from Germany, if that's you don't mind...

Jim

A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

FABphones

Quote from: compubit on February 21, 2018, 05:46:39 PM
For the princess - rotary or Touch Tone®?  I have ivory in both...

I'll be heading "across the pond" in early April and will probably mail from Germany, if that's you don't mind...

Jim

Mind? Wow that would be fab. Please pack your bags with every spare Black and Ivory phone you can lay your mitts on!   ;D

Re the Princesses, a rotary would be nice - but well, now phone fever has gripped me I'm tempted into getting it's cousin too...  Maybe message me?

For your trip to Germany will you be travelling through France at any point? We regularly visit the Normandy landing beaches.

-------

Thanks for the replies.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Haf

Jim

just curious, where in Germany?

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

compubit

Meine Reise:

Washington, D.C. > Kopenhagen (Durchfliegen) > Prag > Dresden > Berlin > München > Garmisch-Partenkirchen > Zürich > Kopenhagen > Washington

Ich hole meine Eltern in München ab, und wir reisen durch die Alpen nach Zürich.  Meine Mutter will die Alpen sehen.  Ich habe zwei Wochen Urlaub und werde die Ruhe der ersten Woche genießen! Deutschland: Pünktliche Züge, Tatort, Bier, Bücher, Wurst, und Schokolade!

Brauchst du irgendwas aus Amerika? Vielleicht einen Fernsprechapparat oder etwas anders...

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

WEBellSystemChristian

Here is the translation, courtesy of Google Translate, for those of us who can't speak German... ;D

"My travel:

Washington, D.C. > Copenhagen> Prague> Dresden> Berlin> Munich> Garmisch-Partenkirchen> Zurich> Copenhagen> Washington

I pick up my parents in Munich, and we travel through the Alps to Zurich. My mother wants to see the Alps. I have two weeks vacation and will enjoy the rest of the first week! Germany: Punctual trains, crime scene, beer, books, sausage, and chocolate!

Do you need anything from America? Maybe a telephone set or something different ..."

Jim, you consider being part of a crime scene as tourism entertainment?!?

I mean, it would be entertaining, but... :o ;) ;D
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

compubit

Tatort is a TV show that's been running since 1970.  I call it a mix of the first half Law & Order and CSI (though without the emphasis on technology and gadgets that CSI often has) , it focuses on the crime and police catching the perpetrator(s), but with much less gore than you'd see in the US. Episodes rotate around Germany with different teams in each city (with occasional crossover of actors from nearby or remote cities). Sunday nights, 8:15, after Tagesschau (German TV1's nightly newscast) - its what most people watch on Sunday nights.

Leave it to Germany, though, the create an accompanying program (though only about 4 episodes a year), called ,,Tatortreiniger" - Crime Scene Cleaner - which is actually a comedy...

I have no plans in being involved in a Tatort, unless I happen to be an extra walking by when they are filming...

Jim

Haf

Tatort, yeah, watched some decades of my life. Not that much lately. By the way. you can from all over the world:
http://www.ardmediathek.de/tv/Tatort/Sendung?documentId=602916
Online stream.

Jim,
sounds good, even if bit too much places for just two weeks. So you're in Berlin or just connection flight? If you like, look me up, the drinks are on me :) If needed, some of my phones numbers are in my signature. You can reach me any time if keeping timeshift in mind ;)

If I need something from the US of A- oh boy, you didn't charter a 747 Cargo, did you? But there is really something I'm absolutely not able to get here, altough not sure if still exists at all: Southern Pride chewing tabacco. If you can manage to bring along a pack, that would be great. Haven't had  for years.
Phone sets- can't decide which one, too much on my wanting list. And most of them are payphones, so too heavy anyway.

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

compubit

Terry and I were already conversing - the catch is that getting something to me + baggage fees is about the same cost as (or even more than) US Postal Service parcel post to Germany...

I'll PM you.

Jim

AE_Collector

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on February 22, 2018, 08:15:56 PM
Jim, you consider being part of a crime scene as tourism entertainment?!?

I mean, it would be entertaining, but... :o ;) ;D

No need to leave home for that!

Terry

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: AE_Collector on February 23, 2018, 10:20:10 AM
No need to leave home for that!

Terry
Well, Canadian and American crime scenes might be less entertaining than German ones. I dunno, I guess Haf and Fabphones can vouch for German Crime Entertainment levels... ;D
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Haf

Canadians have crime scenes?? We learned at school that even if maybe as much wapons as in the US are around, nothing bad happens, no school shootings etc. We learned that even the front door isn't locked on most homes. And every Canadian is always sorry about everything. You mean everything was a lie?? My childhood is ruined- sorry about that ;)

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

AE_Collector

Well...we have problems here too Haf...it is 2018 after all. Drugs, gangs, guns etc. But I will say that I believe most Canadians and likely citizens of many other countries around the world are dumbfounded by what we see go on to the south of us. As I said, it is the year 2018 here and I thought it is 2018 everywhere else too? Power to the Children....maybe they will be heard.

Terry