News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Telephone transformers

Started by Tonyrotary, October 31, 2009, 09:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonyrotary

Thanks for all the replies. I don't plan to have to light both of the phones at the same time so I should be okay. I also could just get a higher rated one at radio shack if I think there will be problems.

bwanna

bill, i have seen those, also. sometimes in the apartment buildings i will also see the 2012a, one for each apt. when i find those, i am supposed to remove them ;) yes i am, uh huh, really, per bell standard practice. :o

tony, thx for starting this educational thread on transformers. :)  the offer still stands to wire your new condo ;)
donna

Tonyrotary

Donna,

Well if the airfare to Hawaii just wasn't so expensive, hey wait if you flap your arms really fast and hard for a few hours.....lol. I can't wait to wire up the condo. I have to wait till we move in to see how I have to wire in the extra jacks. I will probably just have to use the existing jack(s) and wire from them to the new jacks.

bwanna

lol, tony  ;D my neice & her hubby just returned from their hawaiian honeymoon. they have some fabulous photos.
if you need any wiring advice, you know where to find it ;D
donna

jsowers

I installed my own phone wiring when my dad and I built my house 24 years ago. Not living in Bell territory, I never ran across those 2012A transformers, though I had seen one before, installed at my aunt's house on her Princess phone. I looked around and found a 6VAC transformer from a defunct TI rechargeable calculator and connected it to the yellow and black wires in the kitchen because it was near an AC outlet. It's lasted all 24 years without fail and still lights the phone in the bedroom.

Now I have several 2012A transformers and use them to light certain phones in my collection, but I keep the TI one connected to the house wiring just to see how long it will last.
Jonathan