News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

White North 541 Sold on eBay

Started by magicbrain, September 25, 2018, 01:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicbrain

Did someone here get this White North 541? - I had just brought up the auction listing when it was purchased with the BIN :'(

https://tinyurl.com/y9ecah2b

Bruce

skyrider

paul-f

Congratulations!  Great buy.
...and great Find of the Month candidate.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

skyrider

I have 2 black and 1 red so when I receive this one I'll have a white one. I think it was listed as  a North American phone, it's missing the dial card holder. If anyone has a dial card holder for sale please PM me. Thanks

Bill Compton

skyrider

Thanks Paul, I also was lucky to get the Rose Beige 500 that was a contest phone earlier this month. I have never entered the find of the month contest, I'll have to think about it.

Bill

AE_Collector

Not much thinking needed Bill! Post the details with a picture or two and it's done! Or anyone else can do it for you also eliminating your need to think about it! :)

Terry

Partyline4

Anyone mind clarifying why this is a valuable phone? I've heard of Kellogg Banjo's , but never heard of an old North set being worth anything....

Thanks,

rdelius

The North sets were not made as long and North had started selling Ericofons and pushed them harder.

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Partyline4 on September 27, 2018, 11:25:08 PM
Anyone mind clarifying why this is a valuable phone? I've heard of Kellogg Banjo's , but never heard of an old North set being worth anything....

Thanks,
For the record, I have never found a north 541 set for sale, nor have I seen any at any of the phone shows I have attended.
To me they seem very scarce.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

LarryInMichigan

I sold an ivory North 541 wall version a few years ago for almost $300.  It was missing a part and had some damage to the plastic, so collectors obviously value these phones.

Larry

skyrider

I would like to share my 4 North Electric 541 desk sets. I feel lucky to have them in my collection and thank others for sharing their knowledge about them, as my knowledge is rather sparse. The white one came in yesterday's mail and is in great condition if a little dirty. The network is dated 1958,it is working except for the ringer which may be a frequency ringer.

Bill Compton

If we all knew what we all know, we would know everything.

Doug Rose

Hey Bill....I finally found a Nickel or chrome North retainer ring. Just where I didn't think it would be  >:( ....PM me your address if you still need it.....Doug
Kidphone

kleenax

Can't remember if I have ever posted these pics before, but you finding the WHITE 541 on eBay made me miss these a LOT! Only ones that I had ever seen. The pic of the dark gray I took at the ATCA museum in Abilene, KS. The other 3 (Red, Pink, Blue) were mine at one time. I do believe that Jim Engle has them now. Oh, and I did see a light yellow example once at the Shipshewana show, but it was already sold, and I couldn't beg it from it's new owner!
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

AE_Collector

Where ever there is a rare phone there is someone with a big drill bit to install a Message Waiting Light! (Or a notching tool for RJ jacks).

Terry

skyrider

I would like to give a special thanks to Doug Rose for a gift of a number card ring for my white North 541 set. I got a set of North dial cards from oldphone works which look great. So many great people on the forum willing to be of help.

Bill Compton