News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hot Enough For You?

Started by 19and41, August 12, 2020, 03:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

19and41

It has been quite hot here, in the mid 90'sF.  The Friday before last, the blade on the cooling fan for the A/C condenser had a blade tear nearly in half and caught on the baffle surrounding it, seized the motor and burned it and it's capacitor.  Called the home warranty Co. and the A/C people sent a tech 3 days later.  They needed to order the replacements and they finished it last Friday.  Thank goodness for my window unit.  It kept the inside temp at 82. Now my condenser housing and coil is 43 years old with a new fan, motor, controllers and compressor.  With this hot weather, the bugs are wailing away all night, it's like a science fiction movie.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Key2871

Yea it's been hot here in the north east too.
Yesterday it was 95 with a heat index of 100.
In the shade!
I was working in my shed finishing up a project ( see other post) and wow, even with a fan on me nearly the while time I was done by 3pm.
Had to get in the AC comfort to get releif.
KEN

19and41

Your other post prompted me to start this thread  It's  tough to work through the heat, unless you can cool off.  If I work outside, I have a 1000 ML beaker mug that I make a drink with refrigerated water and flavoring and stevia for sweetening.  And drink it slowly.  That does the trick.
— Arthur C. Clarke

HarrySmith

We have been averaging 93 - 94 here in South Florida. Heat index around 108. Start sweating profusely as soon as you walk out the door. The humidity feels like walking into a sauna. The joys of living in Florida ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

19and41

One good thing about this summer is the increase in rainfall.  My yard burned just about all off last summer and it has just about filled back in.  It's coming up so fast I can't keep up with it with my walk behind mower and have had to pay someone to do it. 
— Arthur C. Clarke

AT2796

well folks,
  I hate to tease you all, but I live at the beach, I haven't seen a sunny day since May.

Waiting on Indian Summer.

Seems like every year, after a summer of marine layer overcast, the first day of school, we would get sunshine, offshore winds and a 6' south swell.

those were the days!
Andy