News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New Hampshire Telephone Museum

Started by Sargeguy, April 28, 2018, 12:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sargeguy

I just got back from the New Hampshire Telephone Museum in Warner, NH.  I was invited to the season opening reception.  I was incredibly impressed with the displays, the depth and breadth of their collection, and the great folks who make it happen.  The collection of early phones is spectacular!!! I got to meet and talk phones with some very knowledgeable collectors who shared their insights. I met some non-collectors as well.  I was able to donate a couple of items that were of local interest to the collection.  I highly recommend making the drive if you can, you will not regret it!

https://www.nhtelephonemuseum.org/
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Key2871

Cool, I live in New Hampshire and was thinking it would make a nice day trip with my two boy's and wife. I recently saw the tour on you tube, and they do have a vast collection of phones. Do they have switch boards? I didn't really see any in the video. I always wanted a board from, like the late 60's.
KEN

paul-f

Quote from: Key2871 on April 28, 2018, 07:44:27 AM
Do they have switch boards?

There is a nice switching evolution display.

Some are shown in their photo gallery:  https://www.nhtelephonemuseum.org/photo-gallery.html

Several of us from TCI visited the museum in 2013. There are more photos in the July 2013 Singing Wires.

It's definitely worth the drive!
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Key2871

Sounds like a blast. I'll let the family know.
KEN

Sargeguy

They had several, including a display that was a replica of a small town exchange with a woman in period dress manning the switchboard!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Key2871

Yup, saw that in the video on YouTube. My kids like to play with my key sets, pushing buttons and stuff. Now I'm thinking about connecting my KSU to an intercom unit, and ring voltage, so they can ring each other, and talk too.
Before I had a 20' cable between them powered by a 9 volt battery for a talk path. Being able to ring a phone would make their day. BTW, my kids are 8&9. Got a late start, but they are a rush to keep up with.
KEN