News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

candlestick/mounting cord

Started by southernphoneman, July 12, 2013, 01:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southernphoneman

poplar1, I want to thank you for your help with this phone,i put a receiver capsule in and did what you said with the 685 subset and it worked.without your help I would not have gotten this going so thank you once again...southernphoneman.

poplar1

If it is now wired like the picture in reply #7, that is a way to test the transmitter, receiver, and cords. Also, the candlestick is wired correctly to be used with a sidetone subset.

However, when connected to a 500 used as a subset, with the jumpers from L1 to RR and L2 to C, the line will be busy even if the receiver is on the hook.

Think of a modular 500 or 2500 or Princess: if you just unplug the handset, but leave the phone plugged in with the hook switch plungers up, the line will still be busied out.

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

poplar1

Can you find a 302 base to use instead of the 500? If so,  you can keep the current  wiring of the 20AL and use the 3-conductor cord you already have.

This is the approved method for using a 20AL with a 634- or 684- subset, but it will work equally well with a 302 base.

Connect the Red wire to L2/Y on the 101A induction coil
Connect the Yellow wire to GN on the 101A induction coil
Connect the Green wire to the black condenser wire using a spare terminal (GND in a 302 or BK in a 634- or 684.

I tried this yesterday and it works. Has anyone else tried it yet?

If anyone needs 101A induction coils and 195B condensers to use this sidetone circuit with a 20AL, 50AL, 51AL or 102 with a 3-conductor cord, please send a PM. Or, if you have a 202 or 151AL or 211, you can use a 101A and 195B wired for anti-sidetone with a 4-conductor cord.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=8785.0

southernphoneman

I have a 40 AL with a 3 conductor mounting cord. the base I received is a 304 instead of a 302, with a 101-b inductor coil,can anyone tell me if that would work and if so how I would hook it up. thank you.

poplar1

Quote from: southernphoneman on August 02, 2013, 12:59:40 PM
I have a 40 AL with a 3 conductor mounting cord. the base I received is a 304 instead of a 302, with a 101-b inductor coil,can anyone tell me if that would work and if so how I would hook it up. thank you.

1. The RR terminal on the 101B is the same as L1 on a 101A induction coil. Connect the red line wire and red ringer wire to RR.

2. Don't connect anything to M, even though it is where you'd think L2/Y should be.

3. Connect green line wire and yellow condenser wire to L2 on the terminal block.

3. The black ringer wire and slate condenser wire connect to K.

4. If you have a B2A ringer, connect the extra 2 wires (slate and slate-red)together  on a spare terminal.

5. Connect the red condenser wire to C on the ind. coil.

6. Connect the black condenser wire to a different spare terminal.

7. For a 102, 20AL, 50AL or 51AL (all 3-conductor) with a 304 base that is wired as above:

Connect the Red wire to L2 on the terminal block
Connect the Green wire to the black condenser wire using a spare terminal.

southernphoneman

Quote from: poplar1 on August 03, 2013, 02:38:18 AM
Quote from: southernphoneman on August 02, 2013, 12:59:40 PM

1. The RR terminal on the 101B is the same as L1 on a 101A induction coil. Connect the red line wire and red ringer wire to RR.

2. Don't connect anything to M, even though it is where you'd think L2/Y should be.

3. Connect green line wire and yellow condenser wire to L2 on the terminal block.

3. The black ringer wire and slate condenser wire connect to K.

4. If you have a B2A ringer, connect the extra 2 wires (slate and slate-red)together  on a spare terminal.

5. Connect the red condenser wire to C on the ind. coil.

6. Connect the black condenser wire to a different spare terminal.

7. For a 102, 20AL, 50AL or 51AL (all 3-conductor) with a 304 base that is wired as above:

Connect the Red wire to L2 on the terminal block
Connect the Green wire to the black condenser wire using a spare terminal.

I will definitely try that,302s and 304s always fight me,thanks again poplar1.

southernphoneman

this telephone is now repaired and fully working,receives calls and transmits, my thank yous go to poplar1 and to zaphod01,thanks guys. :)